The rest of the day...without Thomas

Now I really wished I said yes when Thomas asked when I needed help. I'm 10 minutes late to my next lesson, which is Art. I spot Thomas straight away sitting next to a group of his friends. Wow, all of them look popular and good looking. That's like every girls dream.

He notices me as well and gives me a sad smile. I don't know why, but all the hope and happiness from meeting him just disappears, drained from my body.

The teacher doesn't shout at me since she knows that this school is huge, and I'm new. She points to an empty space next to a group of girls. I glance at them, but only one stands out. She has blonde flowing hair and crystal blues eyes, just like me. She smiles.

"Hey, you're new, aren't you?" She says kindly.

"Yeah, just moved here." I say, sitting down in the empty seat.

"Cool. My name's Sonya."

"Teresa." I reply.

"Nice name. This is Harriet, Rachel, Isabelle, Jessica and Nicole."

I nod and smile at them. Looks like I've made some new friends. But I don't want to get my hopes up to high. They could be really bitchy for all I know.

It feels nice to have made new friends - it's like a sign that everything is gonna be okay. Maybe I was wrong, I don't need Thomas, but yet I can't stop thinking about him. His hair, his smile, those eyes. Just his face in general.

"Hey, Teresa, did you listen." I snap out of my dream.

"Sorry I was daydreaming."

She laughs and waves her hand dismissively.

"We're going to that party at Newt's place. You wanna come? It could be like a welcome party."

"Yeah sure, I'd love to." I say enthusiastically.

"Great, we can walk together! What's your address."

I write down my address on a piece of paper and give it to her.

"Awesome, that's not far from his house. It starts at 5 and you can leave whenever you want. Wear something pretty."

"Why? Aren't I pretty enough?" I say, pointing to myself.

They all laugh and I begin to feel more relaxed.

"I'll come early and we can sort out what you're wearing."

"Cool." I nod.

The rest of the day is a blur, basically art repeating itself, work then talk over and over. I catch Thomas looking at me a few times, but I just ignore it and look right through him. But for some reason it hurts every time.

This party better be good.

💥
What's gonna happen, any ideas. Comment and vote I appreciate every comment so far it keeps me writing. :) remember always ship Thomesa and hate Brenda or Trenda.