30. Shane

'What on earth was all that about?' Margo asked us, as we stood in a line in her office

'What on earth was all that about?' Margo asked us, as we stood in a line in her office. I glanced sideways at Juliet Hudson who looked like she was about to burst into tears and I rolled my eyes.

'Margo, Juliet really had nothing to do with it,' I sighed.

'It sure didn't look that way,' Margo replied, before turning to Juliet. 'Care to tell me why you of all people were caught up in the middle of that, Juliet?'

'I don't even know,' Juliet croaked, shaking her head.  'I was just there!'

'Somebody better tell me what is going on!' Margo snapped.

'Nothing is going on, dammit!' Brynn cried. 'Olivia and I were arguing, Shane got involved, Juliet just got caught in the middle of it, that's all!'

'First of all, I don't care for the way you are dressed right now, young lady,' Margo said to Brynn. 'Secondly, it wasn't an argument, I was standing at the door for several seconds watching you all physically fight with each other after Polly ran to get me when it all went down!'

'That snitch!' Olivia hissed.

'Okay, so things got out of hand, but she started it,' Brynn explained, pointing to Olivia.

'You mean me?' Olivia gasped. 'Margo, you know I would never start a fight! Brynn is the one who started it, she came into the common room yelling her head off at Chloe!'

'Oh, give it a rest,' I murmured, looking to the ground.

'Something to say Shane?' Margo questioned.

'Yeah, Olivia pleads innocent but she pushed me when I hadn't even done anything to her,' I replied. 'Then she punched me in the face!'

'Okay, I'm not listening to these accusations being thrown around,' Margo sighed. 'You will all be punished.'

'Alright, finally!' Brynn cried. 'Just hand out the detentions and send us on our way, for God's sake!'

'Detention?' Margo repeated, before a smirk crept onto her face. 'Oh, no, no, no. We have our annual school performance of The Wizard of Oz coming up very soon and there is still the final set left that needs painted. Since I'm the one delegating tasks for set designs, you four will paint this one.'

'Yeah, I'm good, thanks,' Brynn mumbled, turning for the door.

'You will do as you're told or I will call your father and have him come here!' Margo boomed.

'You think I'm scared of my father?' Brynn asked, laughing softly.

'Would you rather stay here at this school, Brynn or would you rather go home to Calvert?' Margo asked. 'Your father's back up plan for you was a public school should you fail to hold your place here.'