53. Olivia

'Olivia, you've barely touched your breakfast,' my mother said, as I continued to gaze around the cafeteria in boredom

'Olivia, you've barely touched your breakfast,' my mother said, as I continued to gaze around the cafeteria in boredom. My parents visited every now and then to try and spend a little time with me but I had been used to them hardly being around since I was a child. They'd always worked, leaving me with nannies and as soon as I was old enough, I was shipped off to boarding school.

'Olivia?' My father snapped at me angrily, making me turn back to them. 'You haven't eaten anything and you've barely spoken two words to us.'

'Dad, I told you, I'm waiting to find out if I got the lead part in the school show so excuse me if I'm a little distracted,' I lied. I mean it wasn't a total lie, I was anxious to find out if I'd got it, but my mind was on Axel. He hadn't texted or called me and I was getting my updates from his mother but even those had become more and more vague and I figured they'd been advised not to discuss things with anyone by their lawyers. I just wanted him back at school so he and I could finally fix things between us.

'I spoke to Axel's father yesterday,' my dad told me, and I immediately gave him my full attention.

'You did?' I gasped. 'What did he say?'

'I mean, I'm not going to lie, Olivia, it's not looking good for Axel right now,' he sighed.

'Dad, he didn't do this,' I replied.

'Sweetheart, he gave a fake alibi to the police and he was caught out of the dorms after curfew that night,' he stated. 'Apparently, they have been talking to Axel about his best friend's possible involvement too.'

'Mitch, don't...' my mother muttered, turning to him and shaking her head.

'No, come on, Dad, tell me!' I cried. 'You mean Conrad Coleman, right?'

'Olivia, it's best you don't know any of what's going on, okay?' my mother said, sternly. 'I don't want you involved in all of this.'

'Are the police interested in Conrad?' I asked my father.

'I don't know,' he murmured, awkwardly, ignoring the frowns from my mother.

'Conrad knows something!' I hissed.

'Don't you go sticking your nose in, Olivia,' my mother warned. 'Focus on your studies, follow the rules and stay safe. That's all that matters.'

'My boyfriend matters!' I scoffed.

'Axel's mother told me you two aren't together anymore,' she replied.