42. Shane

I was still infuriated over my argument with Olivia and her audacity to suggest my best friend was a murderer

I was still infuriated over my argument with Olivia and her audacity to suggest my best friend was a murderer. I understood her wanting to believe it to be true, her best friend had died and the reasons surrounding Hanna's arrest made me understand why people believed it had to be her, but I knew Hanna and she was not a killer.

As I lay on my bed cleansing my face, the door opened and Axel entered our room. I didn't move my eyes from the spot they were fixed upon on the ceiling above me and I heard Axel sigh sympathetically as he shut the door and approached me. I had told him what had went down when I'd gotten back to my dorm the night before after walking out of the drama studio and he'd been surprisingly supportive and understanding. It really made me start to think if he was beginning to feel serious about us.

'I'm guessing you didn't go to any of your classes today,' Axel sighed, as he sat down on the edge of the bed and glanced down at me.

'Nope,' I replied, closing my eyes gently.

'I hate seeing you so down,' Axel said, taking my hand. 'I wish there was something I could do.'

'I wish there was something I could do to prove Hanna didn't do this,' I replied. 'She's not a killer, Axel.'

'I know, you told me this over and over last night and I completely believe you,' he responded. 'Obviously I don't really know Hanna but if you say she didn't do this then I believe that to be true.'

'Thank you,' I whispered. 'You have no idea how much having your support makes me feel better. Everybody thinks she's guilty.'

My phone beeped on my desk and I rolled my eyes.

'You gonna' check that?' Axel asked.

'Probably someone wanting to buy,' I mumbled.

'I can drop it off for you if you don't feel like leaving the room,' Axel offered.

'Are you sure?' I asked. 'You don't mind?'

'Of course not,' he said, getting to his feet as he smiled softly at me.

'Thank you, Axel,' I said, feeling warm inside at how nice he was being to me lately. 'See what they want and it's all in the bottom of my closet.'

He nodded and headed over to the desk to grab my phone. 'Oh...'

'Everything okay?' I asked, sitting up.

He walked over to me and handed my phone over. 'You have a text from Hanna.'

'What?! I gasped, grabbing my phone and opening it up.