Chapter 11

Chapter 11 

As I shut the door. The lights went on I turned to see my father looking very angry with me. Oh no someone called him.  

'Hey Dad!' I whispered.  

He nodded and took a deep breath and started talking. 

'Michelle, as you can see it's very late. I have work tomorrow but I got an interesting call just a few minutes ago. From what I have been told, I'm actually quite shocked at your behaviour. I wasn't told everything so I think it would be best if you tell me what happened.' 

I sighed and waited to get my thoughts in a row. 

'I got into fight tonight after work.' 

'With who?' 

'Kelly and Simone.' I answered.  

What he did next was unexpected. He came and gave me a hug. All of the sudden I started crying. 

'It's alright I understand now. Don't cry! Trash like that is not worth your tears.' He cooed. He was rubbing his hand up and down my back. He then said, 'Come to the kitchen with me. Let me make you some hot chocolate.' 

We walked to the kitchen and he switched on the light and got the kettle on the boil. He started making the hot chocolate and told me to sit down.  

I waited and he bought the mugs. It smelled good, so I blew into it and took a sip. It was delicious. My dad could make a good hot chocolate. I forgot about my hand and groaned.  

He noticed, 'Michelle look at your hand let's get some ice that.' He got a dishcloth and went to the refrigerator and pressed the button for ice. He wrapped the dishcloth around the ice and put it on my hand. He added a bit of pressure and it helped a lot. 

I started to explain to him what happened. I started with what happened to me and Jermaine this morning. I told him about the twins and he just shook his head. I told him what was said to us and how the fight started.  

He looked angry and said, 'I'm actually disgusted with your brother. How can he let people say that to you? His own sister. I can't even tell you how disappointed I am. He needs a reality check and the truth. I going to call your Gran Letitia so that she can set him straight. If I say something. I'm going to be called racist and I won't be insulted like that.'  

Whoa Gran Letitia! Oh no!  

'He better be sleeping at a friend's house tonight or else it's me, him and the police tonight! ' 

For Jamal's sake I hope he does because Johnny don't play.  

'I'm going to call Billy tomorrow. I want him changing your shift. If he doesn't want to he can forget about you going to work. You're doing him a favour not him you.'  

I just nodded and drank my hot chocolate with my other hand.  

I saw him thinking and then he looked at me. He sat up straight and smirked. 'So you and Blake? Finally ha! You kept him waiting for some time didn't you?'  

I was a bit shocked at that statement. Not because he knew, but it looked like he didn't have a problem with it. With how Blake behaved in the past I thought he might caution me.  

So I said, 'I'm waiting.' 

'Waiting for what?' 

'I don't know! Protective dad talk maybe?' 

He smiled, 'protective dad talk? That's a new one. If it was someone else I would be giving you the talk. But it's you and you know how to handle it. You take after me, hello!' we laughed. He then said 'the way he was with you when the two of you were still little nunu's gave me a look into the future.'