Chapter 12

Chapter 12 

It was Saturday morning and I was lying in bed watching Games of thrones on my laptop. Billy had felt that he didn't need Jermaine and me anymore. Well after fight at the restaurant he had more expenses now so he had to cut somewhere. Well I'm not complaining I have the weekend off. 

My Gran Letitia was still here and she was taking care of the household duties. I offered to help but she wasn't having any of it. Jamal can help her. She was however going to sleepover at Gran Sophie tonight. Knowing them they were up to no good.  

Jamal was at home behaving. He was helping around the house and if you asked him to do something he didn't hesitate to go do it.  

I was secretly laughing at him because he couldn't talk much. So if he wanted to speak to me he would text me. His neck was covered in bruises but I saw it was fading. Hopefully in time for school. 

A scene with my crush Jon Snow appeared and I got all mushy inside. My phone went off and saw I had gotten a text from Travis. He was asking me if I was busy and if I wasn't I could hang out with him a bit. I waited for the scene to finish at Castle Black and closed the episode.  

I texted Travis back letting him know I was coming and got ready.  

I arrived at Travis's house and saw he was busy fixing his bicycle and walked to him. He must have heard me, he turned and smiled when he saw me. He put his spanner down, got up and gave me a hug. 

'Hello stranger long time no see.' he said. 

I shook my head, 'looks who's talking? I haven't seen you in centuries.'  

'Yeah, yeah. I was busy and from what I've been hearing so have you. Your relationship status has changed as well. Love to tell you this. I told you so. ' Travis said and then laughed.  

'Whatever is your mom here?' I asked and he nodded, 'I'll go say hi to her quickly.' I went to greet his mother and talked a bit with her and then went back to Travis.  

There was a small chair next to him and I took a seat and watched him doing his work. I've learnt that you should wait until a guy stops whatever he's doing and then speak to him.  

He turned and asked, 'why are you quiet?'  

'I'm waiting for you to talk first.' I answered, 'it's not like you guys can do two things at a one time.' 

He rolled his eyes, 'please. You should see me at work.' He went back to work on the bicycle.  

To prove myself correct I asked him, 'how's work and the studies?' he stopped and then answered my question. Exactly! There he proves my point. 

'Oh it's taking a lot of my time but I'm going to reap the awards. I have to take off work so that I can go to classes. In a few weeks I have to go on practical.' His attention was back at the wheel.  

He paused, 'go and play some music from car.' 

I went to his car and opened the door and turned the key to switch on the radio. His iPod was connected to the radio and I search for songs and chose a song and got out. 

He turned, 'should've known. But the music video's weird.'  

'Yeah it is but Shia LaBeouf is in it and I can mistake him for being naked.' I joked. 

He focused on his bicycle again, 'I wonder what your boyfriend would say if he heard you say that.' 

'I've already seen him naked. So he's ticked off my 'guys I want to see naked' bucket list.' I answered.