Chapter 2

Chapter 2 

"Err... hey Blake!" 

He narrowed his eyes and stared. He just kept staring at me. Okay this is uncomfortable. I decided to get up. I sat up and was about to ready myself to stand. When I just felt myself being lifted off the ground and placed on my two feet like a small child. The next moment I felt Blake rubbing is hands on me. When I was about to protest I realised he was dusting me off. But he was being a bit rough. I pulled away from him. 

"Okay stop!" I yelled. I dusted myself. Once I was done I looked up to see his back towards me and I looked to see what he was looking at and saw Jamal and friends. Good shot! 

I picked up my bag and turned slowly to walk away but felt him grab me by my shoulder and turned me to face him. 

"Not so quick Michelle. You care to explain what that was about?" he was still angry and I just did not want to talk about this now. 

"I can't talk about this right now, there are some things I have to do when I get home and besides Jamal is on his way I got to go." 

"I turned again just to be pulled back again. I glared at him this time. 

"Where do you see Jamal? I don't see him." 

I shifted to my right and pointed in Jamal's direction but stopped because he wasn't there. I frowned. 

"He was just there I saw him." 

"Well he isn't so will you please explain as to what I just witnessed." 

I sighed and looked away when I spoke. 

"As you just saw earlier it was Jaime-Lee and friends jumped me or should I say tried to jump me. 

"How long has this been going on?" 

"It's been a while now." 

"Did this start after I left?" 

I gave this some thought and realised it did. 

"I guess so." 

"That scar on your arm it was them wasn't it." His voice was getting louder. I did not like that. So I did not answer him.  

I looked at the dog across the street who was barking and chasing birds.  

"Okay fine!" I'll take that as a yes. See you around then." 

I heard him walk off. I waited for a while and turned to look in his direction and saw him turning at the corner of the block. 

I found myself saying out loud. "What's it to you anyway." 

I turned and walked home. 

When I got home I went upstairs and changed into something more comfortable and started with my chores. I first cleaned the living as Jamal and his friends would be hanging out here in later as always. 

I cleaned the kitchen next. I had to work real fast here so that when Jamal came I was nowhere near the kitchen. I was not going to play cook and waitress for them. I made myself something to eat and ran upstairs and just as I closed the door. The front door opened and I heard Jamal and his friends making a noise as they came in. 

I sat on my bed and put my earphones in my ear and to the radio while I was eating.  

I felt my phone vibrate and saw that I had got a text from an unknown number. I opened it and saw it was from Josh. 

*hey I hope everything is okay. If you're wondering how I got your number I stole your phone at lunch when you were preoccupied. I'm just shady like that be warned.*