Chapter 16

Chapter 16  

It was Saturday and Jamal and I were doing grocery shopping at Wal-Mart. He was busy riding the trolley when I glared at him. 

'Stop that. Don't you watch ridiculousness? You are going to make an accident. I won't allow myself to be embarrassed like that.' I said 

He rolled his eyes at me, 'you going to be embarrassed? What about me?' 

The next minute we hear people arguing. We turned and a saw man and woman standing together while another woman with two children was standing in front them. The woman with the children started yelling at the other woman asking her how she slept at night. 

She then asked, 'why are you keeping him away from his children?' oh this was going to be good. Baby momma drama. She then turned to the guy and pushed him, 'hey you protecting her hey, you protecting her. Your cunt. There's your children. Look at your children.'  

The guy then punched her and started strangling her. People started shouting and started pulling him off her. After they pulled him away. She started throwing punches back at him and throwing things at him.  

All of the sudden I was remembering what happened last week. I shook my head and looked away. 

A lot of people gathered around and watched the commotion. Why did people always do that? Is it because we humans are curious by nature? Or do we subconsciously like watching conflicts or acts of violence.  

I heard a slap next to me and saw Jamal was man-shaking two boys I didn't recognise. One was a blonde and other had black hair both had eyes. Jamal pointed to me and I noticed the black haired blush and smiled when he saw me. He looked so cute.  

He waved, 'hi Michelle.' He then looked away and Jamal and the blonde started laughing.  

I waved back and smile, 'Hey.' 

'Oh yeah, Michelle these are my friends Ashton and Luke. We're in the same grade.' Jamal introduced. Ashton was the blond and Luke the black haired.  

I gave my hand out to shake their hands. I smiled and said, 'please to meet you Ashton and Luke.' Ashton shook my hand while Luke took my hand, kissed it and winked at me. Oh! I blushed.  

'Dude that's Blake's girl you're looking to get yourself killed.' Ashton said. 

'Yeah and my sister. Anyway you better stop hoping. You're a sophomore and she's a senior.' Jamal said.  

Jamal started talking to them about something else and turned my attention to something else. I saw something move quickly. I frowned. I heard Jamal call my name so I looked at him.  

'We just wanted to say bye. So see you around Michelle.' Luke said and smiled. I waved and smiled back. He and his friends did their man-shakes again, said bye and left.  

We packed the grocery bags into my Dad's SUV and we got in. I started the ignition but then we heard someone knock on the passenger window and saw it was Ryan. Jamal rolled down the window and Ryan greeted us. Jamal then spoke to him. I decided to change the radio station. From what I could hear Ryan what was Jamal's plans for the evening and he said he had to study.  

I looked away and thought why was he[$1] lying? He was going out with Ashton and Luke. I heard Ryan say my name and turned to look at him. 

'So what are going to do tonight?' he asked.  

'I'm also going to be studying I'm writing Maths Monday.' I wasn't lying. 

We said our byes and I drove off.