Chapter 22

Chapter 22 

Looking at the boy who hurt me so badly, making jokes with his friends. So carefree. Yes carefree of me. I've given him something so precious, but how I feel now. There was nothing precious about it. He must've sensed me as he turned and looked at me. He smiled, I didn't and turned my back to him. The next thing I see two holes in front of me, I heard a click noise, then a loud bang. I see white, then white turns black.  

I got up and screamed. I looked to my surroundings. I was in my room and saw my dad and Jamal with worried faces at my bedroom door. Maybe not my door. I looked to the floor and saw my door on the floor. I sighed in relief they were fixing my door after Gran Soph broke it. 

"Sorry Michelle we were just trying to fix the door but I lost grip." Jamal said worried. 

"It's okay, it was just loud." I frowned, "what time is it?" 

"It's still early we just wanted to fix your door before we left. You're still staying home today?" my dad asked. 

I nodded and looked next to me, "Blake went home to get ready for school. Michelle I just want you to know last night was a once off. If he wants to sleepover he can sleep in the guestroom or with Jamal." My dad said.  

I nodded, "I understand, thank you for letting him, though."  

"It's okay, go to sleep. My mom is coming soon." I nodded and laid down again and lucky for me sleep came again. 

I heard pounding and moaned. I opened my eyes and heard it was from my door.  

"Michelle. Open up it's me Jermaine quickly please." I got up, rushed to door and saw the key wasn't in and I looked around. If they locked me in how was I supposed get out? I looked around and found a key on my study desk. I took it, unlocked and opened the door. Jermaine ran in breathless. 

"Damn I was almost run me over." He said breathlessly. 

I frowned, "are you okay? Did you get hurt Maine?" He went to sit on my bed. I saw he still had his back pack on. He had his hand on his chest. I sat next to him and rubbed his back. 

He took a deep breath and spoke, "yeah, I'm fine. Physically I'm fine. Damn it was close though but I'm fine." 

"You sure?" I asked. 

He nodded, "yes I think the guy briefly lost control. But he didn't even stop to apologise." 

I frowned, "did you see who it was or the car?" 

"I didn't see who it was but it was a grey truck." He explained. 

"Where were you when it happened?"  

"I was around the corner here. I was walking to school." 

"Maine, you have a car why did you walk?" I asked him. 

"I woke up late this morning and rushed to get ready. Mom was shouting I'm late blah, blah, blah. Whatever. I try starting my car it doesn't want to start. I'm like fuck this I'm walking. I'm late already."  

He gets up and acts out what happened. "I'm walking down the street quickly and the next thing I hear tyres screeching and see this truck driving fast. I carry on walking and then I hear it's getting faster. I see the truck change direction slightly and see it's approaching me head on. I jump out of the way." He jumps on my bed to show me. 

"It missed me by an inch. I started yelling at them. I saw them going onto another road taking them to poverty. I then thought man I'm not going to school. I then thought about what happened yesterday and realised you wouldn't go to school. How are you anyway?"