Contest 3, Entry 3

The Horror Valentine

"This is that bungalow?" Omkara frowned.

"For our one week stay, we can't get the better place!" Ishana, his friend nudged Om.

The matter was that, all the friends had made a plan for Valentine week to be celebrated in Bareilly....A tour plan amid the nature. And for the same... Ishana's uncle Kali Thakur had provided his old Mansion here to them.

"Looks like a haunted Haveli!" Om mumbled while the taxi driver, stared at Om.

"It is really haunted, Saabji! A Thakurain had died here. Her ghost still possess it!" The driver whispered the spooky detail...while Om wanted to just laugh.

Small villages harbour such stories quite interestingly. Om was just joking about it, but the driver here had cooked the story, on the spot.

"Come in Om!" Ishana shouted for him as he paid the driver, hopping inside, coolly....while the driver gulped, praying for the well being of them.

._._._.

Hall

"Since Kali Sir's wedding fifteen years back, this Haveli is closed!" Khanna, the manager informed them, as they discussed for arrangement of party next week.

The other two Oberoi brothers along with Anika and Bhavya were going to join them soon.

"Wedding with Swetlana aunty?" Om asked.

"No!!! Her name was Jahanvi! But the bride had run away and wedding didn't happen." Ishana informed while Om nodded.

"Not run away Ishana babyji, she had died.... by burning alive. And her ghost is still in that upper room!" Khanna explained, while Ishana rolled her eyes.

"Enough story-telling Khanna, go check the water connection in my room!"Ishana dismissed him.

While she looked upstairs at the room which Khanna had explicitly told.... 'to not open'.

"Ishana...!" Omkara knew what his friend was thinking as she grinned wide looking at him.

"Let's rile up Khanna!" She winked and went to unlock the same ghostly room wide, with her 'I don't believe in ghost theory' and....

"Ting-tong!" Om was left alone in the hall when he heard the doorbell, jumping with the sudden sound.

Uff! Such a shrieking doorbell!

Throwing the magazine back, he went to visit the guest...only to find a beautiful lady in pink saree, with pink roses in her soft hands.

Gorgeous!!!

"Hi!" She brought him out of his thoughts, "Myself Gauri! Swetlana's friend!" She introduced herself....

"Oh...I....yeah.... please come in!" Om seemed really mesmerized.

"I wanted to meet Swetlana!" She insisted.

"They haven't reached yet. But you can come in!"

"Are you sure?"

"Of course, please come in Gauri!"

And here was the doom...as she entered inside, putting her left feet ahead, her big beautiful eyes raising to the same room which was opened now....