Contest 5 Entry 1

Why you? Why me? why us?

Prompt 4

Om's POV

I looked into her eyes those eyes which betrayed me years ago. 7 years ago to be precise. Here she was. The one and only my first and last love. My joy and sorrow. This reminded me of our last words to each other.

Flash Back

Om: I will destroy you and everything you have ever cared for. 

Her:you do know that includes you right

Om: I'm counting on it

Flash Back End

Third person
Those were their last words to each other. Om and Her had been in love for as long as he could remember his first love. She had healed him only to hurt him again. Om kept his promise .he destroyed himself in every way possible he went on drugs, became an alcoholic just to prove a point. Who was this mystery lady well it was Ishana Kapoor. Om headed towards her. 

Ishana looked at Om shocked. Why was he here? What else did he want to destroy?

Om:Ishana how are you?

Ishu: What do you want?
Om: I want to ask you one thing Ishu I mean soon to be Babhi. Why?

Ishana had been asked so many questions but not in the same circumstances. Her past love was here at her engagement to her new love nothing could be more confusing.   

Ishu:Listen Om what happened between us was the past ok i was young you were young. I didn't know what love was you were my best friend and i confused my feelings. I didn't plan to fall for Abhay. 

Om: Thats not my question. I want to know why you lied Ishu? Why you ruined my life the way you did?

Ishu: Om i didn't want to kiss Abhay but i did you don't understand. That feeling which you know is wrong but keeps pulling you closer. That is what i feel for Abhay.

Om: I didn't just come here for my brother's wedding. But to thank you. 

Ishu: Thank me?

Om: Yep. I realised I never loved you. I wanted something I couldn't have. I love someone else.

Ishu: Really who?

Om: Her name is Gauri.

Ishu: When? I mean I'm happy for you but I'm still shocked.

Om: Yeah I know it might sound filmy but we got married while i was trying to save her.

Ishu: Sounds like heroicKara was on the loose .

Om: So anyway good luck with Abhay.

Saying so Om left and this time with a content smile and headed towards the love of his life. 

Ri: Omkaraji where did you go?

Om: nowhere important.

She just smiled at her husband and continued chattering happily about all the nice people at the engagement. 

2 years ago he was gifted with this angel. After Ishana had told him about her and Abhay Om was hurt beyond compare. He went on drugs to prove to both Ishana and himself he needed no-one . Om grew up in the type of environment which taught him it was him against the world. He never wanted help cause that person would leave him half way. 

But Gauri was different. 

She made him want to be helped. She had this way of melting all his sorrow with just one smile. 2 years ago Om had married Gauri wanting to save her from goons. It took some time but Gauri  had soon become his life support. 

He couldn't do a thing without her by his side. She brought out the in him he thought had died. Om was always considered the family's problematic child. It was difficult to understand him. And once he took drugs he was disowned by the whole entire family even his Dadi. 

Om went to a rehabilitation centre a slowy regained stability. He became one of the best business men in india. his life was going well until he met one sweet and innocent lady who took his heart. After the marriage to Ri, Om gave her a place to stay since he felt guilty for ruining her life. And slowly friendship turned into love. One certain incident made Om realise his feelings for her.

It was the day Gauri got into an accident whilst trying to save a child. Om had never been so helpless in his life. The fear of losing another person creeped into his heart. 

When Gauri opened her eyes, she got the tightest hug and yet the loudest scolding in her life. Guari had ģrown up an orphan so things like love were new to her, but when she first saw Om she knew he was the one and she did everything she could to see him happy. She even got him to talk to his family again. It took some time, but in the end Om had listened to Gauri's wish. 

This was not the story of Omkara and Ishana but it was the story of Gauri, Om and Ishana and their discovery to love three broken souls and how they dealt with the pain love brings.