entry 5

The door opened and there entered an elderly woman. She walked with great difficulty and sat on her bed, grabbing the radio and placing it on her lap.

Her skin was saggy and full of wrinkles but she appeared fresher than ever. Her honey brown eyes were under the shade of round glasses with black threads escaping the corners and placed on her neck.

She turned the radio on and heard that listeners have the opportunity to make a request. Happily, she dialled the number they gave and she was greeted cordially. "What song would you want us to play?"

"Ae Dil Hai Mushkil," the woman replied in her elderly voice which broke when she spoke.

"Anyone you want to dedicate it to?" The lady asked with enthusiasm.

"S-shivaay," the woman blushed. Her all saggy skin turned livelier at the mention of her husband.

"And your name?"

"Anika Shivaay Singh Oberoi," she announced in a whisper. It was a privilege to her by having his name attached to hers.

"So guys, here goes 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' on the request of Anika Shivaay Singh Oberoi for Shivaay!"

And as the background music emerged from the speakers, Anika drifted into her precious wealth of memories which she proudly called, "Shivika's Bliss."

•••

Tu Safar Mera.

Hai Tu Hi Meri Manzil.

•••

It reminded her of the time she accidentally bumped into Shivaay for the very first time. She was in a florist shop to buy some exquisite flowers for her sister and accidentally, she bumped into him.

He fell down on the artificial flower bed but he didn't complain. Instead, he lied there and passed her a heartwarming smile.

It was then that she promised herself to walk on the path that would lead her towards him. She made him her destination and her adamance would never go, that she knew.

•••

Tere Bina Guzara.

Ae Dil Hai Mushkil.

•••

Five years of dating each other was the most surreal dream come true. It wasn't shocking because what else could you expect when Anika had prayed in literally every temple or a church, for making "Shivika" a thing.

Their relationship became a long-distanced one owing to Shivaay's father's transfer to a city miles away from hers. But that couldn't end the love that tied them together in a blissful knot.

After all, distance makes the heart grow fonder, right?

Video calls, Skype, iMessages became a norm and a day without ranting about the day, wasn't a day well spent.

•••

Tu Mera Khuda.

Tu Hi Du'aa Main Shaamil.

Tere Bina Guzara.

Ae Dil Hai Mushkil.

•••

No matter how connected they were, the fact was that they were separated by a great distance between them. No matter how much they talked, there was voidness blossoming in their hearts. Each of them missed the other terribly, for they belonged in each other's arm; the place where they can feel their partner's heart beat.