Treasure

Not able to breathe, I fell to my knees gasping for air. A sharp pain in my stomach caused me to doubled over, falling to the ground. My lungs burned with each breath I tried to breathe in.

Lucifer and Gabriel were still throwing out guesses. I rolled over and lay there staring at the space under the couch feeling wetness run from the side of my mouth.

"Alright, Angie, you got us. What are you?" Gabriel grabbed my phone to look at the screen. He looked up at Lucifer and then down at me with concern.

"What?" Lucifer asked.

"She's supposed to be a dog." He dropped the phone and hit his knees beside me.

Rolling me to my side, Lucifer was down on his knees as soon as he saw the puddle of blood under my mouth.

"Angel," He shook me.

"Angie, what's wrong?" Gabriel asked in a panic.

I could feel my insides pulling apart. The pain was unbearable. I couldn't speak. I couldn't breathe. The ache in my heart knew what was happening.

"Cas." I choked out.

"Cas?" Lucifer's face skewed up in confusion.

"Cas is hurt." Gabriel realized as he looked up at Lucifer. "Stay with her. Don't let her lay on her back, keep her on her side so she doesn't choke." He rose to his feet and vanished.

Lucifer closed off the kids' bedroom so they couldn't hear anything. He slid down, leaning against the couch, and pulled me into his arms.

"Don't you dare die on me, Angel."

I stare up at him, unable to speak. Tears slowly began to fall from my eyes and roll down the side of my face.

"Gabe's looking for him. He'll find him. Just hang on, hold on tight." He urged me.

Closing my eyes, I concentrated on Castiel's grace. I pushed mine outward, pulling at his, trying to pull him back from the brink. I pushed forward, into him, trying to feel him. It was cold. Pulling at his grace again, I felt a tug. He was tugging back, he was fighting it.

What happened to him? What hurt him this badly?

I opened my mind.

Cas? Please hold on. Don't leave me. I begged.

The tugging began to weaken. I held on even tighter.

I'm sorry, Angel. I love you guys.

After hearing those words something inside of me snapped. The pain was so agonizing that I screamed out.

Lucifer pulled me tighter into his arms, cradling me as he tried consoling me. Burying my head in his chest I gasped for air as I broke down crying.

Gabriel appeared with Castiel's body cradled against him. Rushing to his side as he lay him on the couch, I threw myself over his body begging for him to come back to me. I fisted his shirt in my hand, squeezing it tight as if I were holding onto him for dear life. I can't lose him. Our life was just beginning. My every being ached as it felt like my lungs were filling with cement.

I could hear the commotion in the background. Voices. Someone talking, telling someone to stay back. I didn't care, I ignored it all. Holding onto Castiel's body, willing for him to return to it.

"Momma?"

That word cut through my soul.

"Momma?" Azriel was slowly approaching me but my vision was so blurry from the tears, he wouldn't come into focus.