Games

Days later after the heart-to-heart in the woods, I was sitting on the couch next to Lucifer playing video games. He was currently kicking my ass in Call of Duty when Dean walked through the front door singing.

Distracted, Lucifer watched Dean slightly dance as he turned to close the door.

"YES!" I jumped up and screamed as I found and killed Lucifer.

"What? Hey, that's not fair!"

"Thanks, Dean." I chuckled as Lucifer glared at me mischievously.

"What'd I do?" Dean asked.

"You got me killed." Lucifer answered trying to sound mad.

"Hey, it's not the first time she's killed ya." Dean shrugged as he jittered off to his room.

Wincing at Dean's comment, I peeked at Lucifer from the corner of my eye.

"He's not wrong. But I'm out for revenge now, restart the game." He sat forward to focus on the TV more intently.

"Nah, I think I'm just going to leave it where I won." I giggled.

"Angel, restart the game." He growled playfully.

"Nope." I laughed defiantly.

Without warning, Lucifer leaped over pinning me to the couch. He hovered over me and ignored that my eyes flashed red from the sudden intrusion of my personal space.

"I'll get my rematch." He said with confidence.

"Maybe, but right now I'm the one who kicked your ass and I'm going to bask in my glory for the time being." I grinned up at him, watching as his eye twitched. He hated losing games and it thrilled me to know I won, even if it was because he was distracted.

I felt a shift within him. His grace was rising, his heart began beating faster. Seeing the look in his eyes, I rolled out from under him forcing him to sit back.

"So, Gabe said he's bringing the kids by tonight." I said wanting to steer the conversation in a different direction.

Lucifer cleared his voice, regaining his composure.

"Yeah? Mind if I stick around?"

"I mean, your daughter will be here so I assumed you would be, too."

"Gabriel would bring her to me if I wasn't here." Lucifer shrugged.

"Yes, Luce, you can stick around." I laughed.

He smiled and turned his attention back to the TV.

"Come on, let's play another round." He winked.

My breath catching in my throat, I grabbed for my controller to avoid the look Lucifer was giving me.

"Come on, you gonna start the game so I can kick your ass again, or are you going to stare at me all day?"

Grinning to himself, he faced the TV and selected start.

Two hours later I was tossing my controller on the ground yelling,

"Oh, come on! That was cheating!"

He gripped at his chest with a forced look of hurt.

"Cheating?! I don't cheat!" He exaggerated an eye roll. "Besides, I don't need to cheat to kick your ass in this game." He chuckled.

Now it was my turn to act without thinking. I leaped to his side of the couch, pushing him against the back of it. Straddling him, I grabbed the throw pillow next to him and shoved it in his face. He fought against the pillow attempting to push it away but I used my grace to hold it in place.