Letting Loose

After pulling my truck out of the garage and giving it a thorough washing, I glanced over at the Impala with a grin. Dean would kill me for touching her but who cares, she needs a bath, too.

Grabbing the keys from over the visor, I started the engine and felt the vibrations from the rumble. Slowly rolling forward, I parked the Impala and headed for the hose. Making sure all windows were up before continuing, I squeezed the lever and began soaking the Impala.

Once the car was wet, I plunged my hand into the bucket of soapy water and slopped the sponge onto the top of the car. In slow circular motions, I began to wash away the layer of dust that was coating the paint job.

Thinking about music, the radio in the garage turned on and the volume was near max. Being one of Dean's stereo's, the speakers in the garage were big enough to emit the music further than just the garage area. Not giving a care in the world while I submerged myself in the music, I began singing and somewhat dancing as I wash and sprayed the soap off in each section.

Making my way towards the front of the car, stretching my body over the hood, I reached as far as I could to continue the Impala's grooming session. The black paint was beginning to look glossy and shine under the sunlight. Smiling in satisfaction, I stood and admired the car not realizing I was being watched. As I turned to dunk the sponge back into the bucket of soapy water I was hit with a blast of water from the hose.

Dropping the sponge and gasping at the cold water hitting me, I stood frozen in shock. When the water stopped spraying, I opened my eyes to see Dean standing there with an evil grin.

"What the hell, Dean?"

"You touched Baby." He shrugged.

"I'm washing her, you should be appreciative." I said wiping the water from my face.

"Oh, I am. I just couldn't pass up this opportunity." He aimed the hose nozzle at me again.

"Don't you dare." I challenged.

He arched an eyebrow and asked, "And if I do?"

"Dean," I warned.

He squeezed the trigger but before the water left the hose, I made the nozzle turn around and face him. Gasping in shock, he dropped the hose as he was blasted in the face with water.

"I warned you." I laughed and went back to washing the car.

Joining me in laughing and washing the car, we talked and sang to the music in the warmth of the summer sun.

"She's sparkling under this sunlight." Dean beamed as we finished drying the car off.

"She's definitely a beauty." I smiled.

"Let's go for that drive we talked about a while ago." His eyes were wide with hope and his lips were pulled up in a hopeful grin.

Snapping my fingers, the both of us were in dry clothing. Putting my truck and everything back in the garage, turning the radio off, and shutting the door I met Dean back at the car. He was just closing the trunk as I walked up.

Eyeing the trunk before I looked at him, I asked,

"What'd you do?"

"Nothing out of the norm, just being cautious." He shrugged as he tossed the keys to me.

"You drive."

Not giving him the chance to change his mind, I practically ran to the driver's door and jumped in to start the engine. I never got sick of hearing how it roared to life sending vibrations throughout the car. As we drifted down the dirt roads, I chuckled at the dust that was being kicked up.