Just Another Lothario: Chapter 27

Keira sat silently with suppressed amusement as she watched Sylvia dying from lack of oxygen. Sylvia's face was completely flushed as her hand-maids tightened the gold-inlaid corset on her bodice. "I can't breathe!" Sylvia cried. After a few more moments of watching the painful look on Sylvia's face, Keira cleared her throat and the maids immediately froze in their work and looked at her.

"If you don't mind, I'll take it from here ladies," Keira smiled. The maids nodded their heads and bowed their way out.

Sylvia gasped, "Get this deathtrap off of me!" Laughing, Keira unlaced the corset from her. As the laces were loosened, Sylvia turned and glared at Keira. "You're terrible! How could you just sit there and let them torture me with that," she flashed her eyes at the corset that now laid on the floor, "thing."

Keira just stood there and bit her lip to keep from laughing. "But then that wouldn't be any fun." As she received another glare from her sister, she walked over to the red poof of a dress that laid across the bed. "It's...," Keira struggled to find a word, "unique."

"They say that it's the latest trend," Sylvia mutterred, "but there's no way on Dumbledore's beard am I going to wear that. It's hideous."

"Well, at least now you'll know what all the other women at the ball is going to be wearing," Keira humored.

Sylvia shook her head. "Their sense of fashion really haven't changed from the medieval ages."

"Do you have something else in mind?" Keira raised a brow, knowing very well where this was going.

"Dearest, you know I have a passion for fashion. I also have a very capable sister who will help me," Sylvia winked.

~*~

Alexander was quite shocked by what his wife was wearing. The red dress wrapped snugly around her body, accentuating her curves. The dress skimmed down her body and from one side, it slitted and flared the rest of the way down with a bit of ruffles. Her hair was swept up elegantly and her face beamed up at him. "Uh," he found himself at a loss for words.

"Forgive me, My Lady, your dress is lovely but it is untraditional," Ambrose's voice echoed from the doorway. Alexander leered at his cousin. He wanted to strangle him for saying such a thing to his wife.

Sylvia simply waved his comment off. "I think that's exactly what this kingdom needs. You guys are way too boring. It's time to think out of the box." Sylvia looped her arm around her husband's.

"Well, I think you look absolutely breathtaking," Alexander said as he leaned down and kissed her forehead. As he straightened himself he glanced about the room. "Where's Keira?"

"She's being stubborn," Sylvia frowned. "She refuses to wear the dress I designed for her. She says it's too much for these people so soon. But it's not that much different from my dress! She has the body! She should show it off!"

Ambrose started, "Princess, if it's anything like your dress then she shouldn't-"

"There is no reason to concern yourself with anything that pertains to me," Keira said as she strode in the room wearing her guardian attire, armor and all.

"Sis! What are you wearing?! I am not letting you go in there like that!" Sylvia stood, mortified.

"Every guardian wears the symbol of their Royal, this is the only clothing I have with yours on it," Keira replied coolly.

"If you haven't noticed, they're all men! They wear their fancy tunics and crap but that doesn't mean you should! Ugh, sis! You can't go like that! Besides! That little symbol, tattoo-thingy on your arm is proof enough that you're a guardian!"