Just Another Lothario: Chapter 11

"We've lost our daughter again, George! All because of your foolish ideals!" The queen choked on her tears. It has been a week since the fight between the two guardians and they haven't seen their daughter since. She refused to even be within twenty feet of them. 

The king rubbed his face in weariness. When Sylvia had spoken to them that day, what she said had struck him deeply. That she hated anyone who didn't approve of her guardian, even her own flesh and blood. But she had said that the guardian was her family...

"George! Are you listening to me?! I don't care what your pride and views are! My daughter said that she loathes us!" The queen stood exactly in front of her husband. "You listen here, Gregory! I will not have my daughter hate me after all these years of wanting to be reunited with her! Do you understand me?!"

The king reached for his wife's hands and pulled her into an embrace and said into her hair, "Yes, my dear, I understand. We'll talk to her, again and this time we'll make things right."

~*~

Keira walked along the corridors with one of the maids named Leila. She was helping her take a few sheets down to the north wing. Over the past week Keira had become quite close to the castle staff so she has spent most of her time with them and Sylvia. Any other spare time she had was spent training somewhere off into the dense forest that occupied the left side of the training grounds. 

A butler ambled towards them. "Miss K- I mean Keira. Your presence has been requested by the king and queen in the gardens."

~*~

Alexander made his way over to the gardens, a maid had informed him earlier that the king and queen wished to speak to him. He had been told that Ambrose was requested also but he had no idea where he was. He hasn't seen him since the day he lost to Sylvia's guardian. He had no doubt that Ambrose was drowning himself in liquor and women. Not to mention beating the life out of every man that crosses him. 

He sighed as he walked through the garden entrance. He spotted the king and queen sitting on a bench in the shade of trees. He then noticed Keira standing underneath it, leaning against the trunk, and Sylvia sitting on a chair near her. He stared at Sylvia. He hadn't been able to talk to her at all for the past week, mainly because she wouldn't give him the time of day to hear him out. He bowed to them as he approached and took a seat next to Sylvia, who seemed very annoyed by him being so near. He pretended not to notice and turned his attention to the king.

~*~

 "Sylvia, your father and I want you to know that we are so very sorry for what happened. We understand that you are close to your guardian-"

"Her name's Keira." Sylvia glowered.

"R-right. We know that you're close to Keira and that you two are inseparable. Sylvia, we haven't seen you for almost ten years! There hasn't been a day that's past where your father and I hadn't mourn for your return. Now that you're back," the queen choked up, "w-we don't want to lose you again." Tears ran down her rosy cheeks as she clutched her husband's arm as if it were a lifeline. 

The king gently squeezed his wife's hands. "Sylvia, we are willing to put aside our prejudices if it means to have you back in our lives."

Sylvia contemplated what they said. She was a bit ticked off that her father said we and our when really it was just his prejudices. She knew that her mother only stood by his side to support his every decision but still... She didn't know what to say to them so she looked to the only person she ever could fully trust.

Keira, at this point, was leaning against the tree trunk. She met Sylvia's eyes and new what she was asking. "Sylvia, do whatever you feel is right. I'm not making this decision for you."