ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟙

•Pretty little thing •

Pretty little thing

Celosia woke up with a startled expression, her eyes darting around the familiar perfect dorm room. She relaxed once she saw Tom sitting in a chair not far, enamored in a book as always.

"I see sleeping beauty has finally awakened" he murmured, too focused on his book. Celosia smiled at that, warmth spreading through her as a certain memory of her making him read the book to her resurfaced.

Tom was never one for muggle books, nor did he like romance and whatnot, so it was a surprise that she even succeeded making him read it. She remembered the look of pure disgust on his face as if it was yesterday, but she could tell he didn't really mind it as long as she liked it. Knowing Tom had a soft spot for her, there were many things she made him do.

"How long did I sleep?" She questioned, getting off the bed and walking behind him, putting her arms on his shoulders and leaning in to read whatever he was reading,

"Only a few hours" he answered, closing the book with a sigh "I think it's time for some explanation" he told her, turning around to look at her without realizing how close they were.

"Tom, I won't be able to answer most of your questions seeing as I myself don't know anything. I'm clueless about what's happening to me"

Tom focused on her eyes, curiously trying to decipher all of the emotions that her gaze held. Confusion, irritation and fear, something Tom was familiar with, and the rest, not really. He wondered how it was so easy for her to show her emotions, a part of her. Tom could never.

He realized that even when he was all alone, he was unable to do such a thing. At this point, he himself no longer knew what he was feeling, or if he was feeling anything but anger at all.

"I see" he murmured, staring at the specks of green and gold in her eyes.

"All I know, is that something strange is happening to me. I see all these stuff, hear strange things and I'm terrified. I don't know if it's real or just a flicker of my imagination"

Tom knew the next emotion she showed as well. Frustration. He stood up from his chair and put his hands on her shoulder, trying to soothe her. He was never familiar on how to deal with human feelings, but with her it just came naturally. Somehow, everything came naturally to him whenever he was with her.

"Tell me what you see, I will try to find out more about it. We'll deal with this together" he reassured her, the corner of his lips tugging up slightly. It looked more like he was smirking, sinisterly at that, but Celosia knew better. She could always tell apart his sadistic side and his 'unable to show emotions clearly and smile but I'm trying for you' side.

Sometimes it bothered Celosia, how he was a completely different person with her. Deep down she knew that the friend she loved and adored was just a facade. A part of him that he had created just for her to keep her close and the only side of him he wanted her to know of.