ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟝

•Meet me where all wrongs turn to rightMeet me where the light greets dark •

Meet me where all wrongs turn to right
Meet me where the light greets dark

    The night was quiet, void of every possible sound that would usually be buzzing. Celosia heard nothing, not even the tick of the clock on the wall, nothing except her own beating heart. It made her whimper, and her limbs shake.

She looked at her friends, hoping to at least hear their soft snores but was met with dead silence yet again. The further she stared at them, the more she realized that not even their chest was heaving up and down. They weren't breathing.

Her breaths came in as gasps, heart hammering against her chest as she tried to say something, anything. Her mouth was open, but all that came out was a pitiful cry. Sweat rolled down her forehead, burning her skin like poison, seeping into her blood and driving her crazy.

Celosia felt like blacking out, but her paralyzed body kept her awake, not giving her any access to her own body. She couldn't move, she couldn't talk and she could hardly breath.

She had always thought that she would die with old age, maybe while she would have been in a deep slumber, not feeling a thing. How foolish of her to think that. In that moment Celosia couldn't help but think about the future she'd miss, the people she'd leave behind.

She made a point to herself that she absolutely hated death, or at least what she thought was death. The feeling of it was unknown to her, and a million questioned about what would await her filled her mind. That's when it hit her. She would no longer exist.

The mere sixteen years of her existence would just be wiped out, as if she hadn't existed in the first place. She doubted people would remember her, she'd only be a small little wisp of memory in their minds that would be slowly but surely locked away deep in their minds.

That scared her more than the idea of death. She wouldn't exist anymore and that terrified her. Tears filled her eyes as she realized that she didn't even have a choice in that matter, there was nothing for her to do but slowly parish. And even though every cell in her body screamed and everything inside her thrashed, she accepted it with open arms.

Of course that took time, no matter how little but it did. She found no point in resisting, she'd die anyway so she closed her eyes, ignoring the agonizing pain that sprung against her whole body, and counted every second until she'd be numb.

It happened. Slowly but it did. For a moment she felt like she was already dead, but the breeze that nipped her skin that gave her shivers told her otherwise. Celosia had no idea what was going on, and she was a little too afraid to open her eyes. Would dead people even feel cold?

Then again she wouldn't know, she never tried dying before so she wasn't one to make assumptions about anything.

Whispers.