The Questions

AS was staring at HM still trying to understand the reason behind her actions and deciphering the calmness in her. She did not blame him for anything, did not throw any tantrums and did not ask any questions. A thought crossed his mind… “Was she acting to be in love with him all this while?” Had she not confessed herself he would have believed his mind. But a question still prevailed… Why was she so calm?
His trail of thoughts was broken by HM’s words “Sir, Aapko koi humse aur kaam na ho toh hum jayen?” “App ja sakti hai HM.” “KS aap thane pohchiye, hum ye return karke aate hai.” HM said pointing towards the bag in her hand. KS just nodded. “Jai Hind Sir”, said HM before leaving the brother and sister behind in the cabin.
KS glanced at AS, he was in deep thoughts, so she decided to leave. Anyways she had nothing to say to him. But he stopped her, “KS…”, “ji Sir”. Her words sounded distant to him. “Aap ka gussa hum samajh sakte hai.” “Humare gusse se jyada aapko kuch aur samajhne ki jarurat hai. Khair… baat karneko kuch bacha nahi hai… Chalte hai…” KS cut in between. Before AS could say something, KS saluted him and left the cabin.
AS noticed HM had forgotten her car keys. He called the constable and asked him to give them to her. He could have waited for her to return but had no more strength left in him to face her. He slouched in his chair and was lost in thoughts again until his laptop chimed letting him know about a meeting scheduled in 15 mins.
HM was lost in thoughts all the way back to her car. She remembered every moment she spent with AS. The first time they met… the look of sadness when his beloved little Golgappa landed on the road. The determination in his eyes when he asked her to climb on the horse that he had just convinced the groom to lend him. The sweetness in his voice when he said “kya aap hume aapka dil de sakti hai?” The assurance she got after hearing “Hum aapka bharosa kabhi nahi todenge.” The innocent smile that danced on his handsome face on listening to her confession. The safety she felt in his arms when the cringy cockroach was ready to assault her. His husky but mesmerising voice asking her “Waqai mei darr gayi, ya humare pas aane ka bahana tha?” The green light which lit up when he admitted that he was acting to be in love with her all along.
She did not realise that she had left her car keys till the constable came running with them. KS watched silently until HM sat in the car and drove away.
HM drove to an empty alley. The silence around her opened its arms to absorb all the chaos inside her. Her eyes could no longer hold back the tears… She cried her heart out... All the pain was no longer bearable to her. She had fallen for someone for the first time and boy she had fallen hard… She wanted to answer all the questions she saw in his eyes today. How could she question any action taken towards the benefit of the Nation…? Love is the most beautiful feeling in the world and she had felt it because of him. How could she blame him for that? She did not throw any tantrums because she understood his unsaid words. Isn’t that what love is all about… understanding one another? She had loved him beyond all the pain and sufferings. And no betrayal was going to change that, she was going to love him till her last breath, but it was going to be her secret… Her painful and sweet secret.

Hey guys..  Let me know your suggestions... If there is anything you want me to improve... And Thank you for all the messages and votes..