The Drive

“Ammi hum aate hai…” she said while running out… “Lekin itni raat gaye kaha ja rahi hai aap??” “Ammi kaam hai… aate hai kuch der mei… Aap so jaiye… Humne spare key rakh li hai… Khuda Hafiz…” “Khuda Hafiz jaan…” Ammi said while HM had already rushed out the door… She hurriedly walked and sat inside the car… “Chaliye…” she said trying to catch her breath while AS kept gazing at her… “Kya hua?? Kya dekh rahe hai aap??” she asked… “Aapko… itni jaldi mei tayyar hokar bhi aap kitni pyari lag rahi hai…” he said adoring her… She felt crimson rising up her cheeks… She was thankful of the low light else he would have noticed her red cheeks… “Thank you…” she said with a smile… “Chaliye… ya fir yahi rehna hai??” she said… He turned a little towards her, placed his head on his hand, “Hum toh puri raat aapko dekhte hue beeta sakte hai…” he said… “Bas bhi kijiye… chaliye na…” she said pleading… He smiled, ignited the car and drove away…

“SS…” she called out entering MPT… “MS… aap is waqt yaha??” SS asked… “Aapka phone kaha hai?? Hum kab se aapko call kar rahe hai…” “Sorry MS… mere phone ki battery down ho gayi thi… toh maine use gym room mei charge pa lagaya hai… yaha socket khali nahi tha na… Lekin aap call kyu kar rahi thi??” “Hum shayad humara charger bhul gaye the thane mei… Hum dekhte hai…” saying so HM went to her cabin and found her charger in the drawer… “SS… mil gaya hume charger… Hum chalte…” she said and left… AS had parked the car at a distance… HM hurried and sat in the car… AS drove off immediately… “Hum kaha ja rahe hai??” she asked him… “Sayyam rakhiye… pohch jayenge toh pata chal jayega…” he replied with a smirk… She sighed, she knew he wouldn’t tell her, it was no use pestering him for answers… She looked at him; he was concentrating on the road ahead… She turned the radio on…

Toh listeners… Aaj kya suhana Mausam hai… Badalon ke peeche se chand chamak raha hai… thandi thandi hawa chal rahi hai… Aise Mausam mei sabse pehle apne pyaar ki yaad aati hai… Toh jo log apne pyaar ke saath hai aur jo apne pyaar ko yaad kar rahe hai unke liye yeh khoosurat si nazm pesh hai…” the Radio Jockey said which was followed by a soothing romantic song… HM smiled and opened the window… She looked out at the moon and closed her eyes enjoying the breeze kissing her face… AS smiled and pulled out the stick that was holding her hair in a bun… “Ye aapne kya kiya…??” she said… “Khule baalon mei aap bohot khoobsurat lagti hai…” he said with a smile… She blushed and looked down… The cool breeze and the sweet melody pouring out of the speakers was having its effect on both of them… He slowly stretched his hand and intwined his fingers with her… She looked at him and smiled… Just the presence of one another was soothing them…

He stopped the car and signalled her to get down… He held her hand and guided her through a small path in the woods… “Hum kaha ja rahe hai??” she asked again… He turned towards her and smiled and continued walking ahead… Few minutes later the path had led them to a clearing… It was a similar cliff that she had used for Qayamat’s encounter, but with a better view and hidden from everybody’s eyes… “Wow… yeh kitna khoobsurat hai… Aapko kaise pata is jagah ke bare mei…” she asked letting his hand go and going ahead to explore further… “Bas pata hai…” he said with a smile loving the fact that she was happy to be here… “Bataiye na please…” she said sweetly… “Jab hum college mei the, tab hume ye jagah mili thi… Jab bhi hume Papa ki yaad aati hai, yaha aa jate hai…” he said sadly… She turned around and walked to him, held his hands in hers and smiled at him… Her little gesture made him love her even more… “Woh aapke saath hi hai… Jaise humare Abbu humare saath hai hamesha… Bilkul waise…” she said making him smile… “Lekin yeh aapka personal space hai… aap hume yaha kyu laaye??” she asked… “Aap bhi toh humari hai… Toh humari har cheez aapki hui…” he said… She just hugged him while he tightened his hold…

They sat down on the edge of the cliff looking at the shimmering water below… He put a hand around her shoulders and pulled her into himself… “Aapko thand toh nahi lag rahi na??” he asked… “Nahi Sir…” she replied… He removed his hand from her shoulder and turned towards her… “Kya hua??” she asked at his sudden action… “Aap hume Sir kyu bula rahi hai?? Hum duty pe nahi hai…” he said irritated… “Toh kya bulaye??” she asked innocently… “Jaise sab bulate hai… Anu kehkar…” “Lekin woh toh sab aapko bulate hai… Hum Anu nahi bulayenge…” she said putting his arm around her shoulders… “Kyu??” he asked removing his arm again… “bas aise hi… aap haath kyu hata rahe hai??” she said pouting and putting his arm again around her… “Yeh kya baat hui Haseena ji…” he said… “Dekhiye… aap bhi hume formally bula rahe hai…” she pointed out… He pulled her closer, encaging her in his arms, “Toh aap chahti hai ki hum aapko formally na bulaye??” he asked… She nodded cutely… “Lekin Delhi mei toh aapko acha nahi laga tha jab humne aapko informally bulaya tha…” he smirked… “Tabhi hum naraz the na…” she said… He laughed at her cuteness… “Hum nahi jante the MPT ki SHO itni cute hai… I love you Sona…” he said rubbing his nose against her… “I love you too…” she said and hugged him… “Chale?? Subah mukhyalay bhi jana hai hume aur aapko thane…” he said… “Hmm… Chaliye…” Both left for her house…

Once they reached her house, both got down… “Good night…” she said and was about to leave when he held her wrist and pulled her towards himself… She landed on him with her hands in his chest… He held her by her waist, “Good night aise nahi kehte…” he said naughtily… She looked down blushing, understanding his comment… He put her hair behind her ear and lifted her head holding her chin… He looked into her eyes; she could see only love for her in his eyes… His eyes travelled from her eyes to her lips… She could feel his heated gaze on her lips… He moved in closer while she closed her eyes… He smiled at her reaction and tilted his head… He placed a kiss on her cheek letting his lips to linger a little longer… “Good Night…” he said huskily… She blushed hard, lightly pushed him and ran away inside… He stood there scratching the back of his head and smiling like a Cheshire cat… He sat in his car and drove away… She entered her house trying not to make any noise but froze in her tracks when she saw Mansi staring at her…