The Spike

HM woke up quite early… she had been feeling very restless and couldn’t sleep any longer… She saw AS sleeping besides her… He was snuggling into her neck, arm wrapped around her waist… She was gazing at him… She hadn’t noticed the innocence hidden behind his tough and rugged look before… His cuteness was calming her anxiety… “Yeh aise hume jakad ke kyu sote hai??” she wondered… He tightened his hold and moved closer… “Kyunki hume acha lagta hai…” he said… She was shocked… “Aap hume ghurna band kijiye… nahi toh aap challenge haar jayengi…” he said with his eyes closed… “Chodiye hume…” she said… “Nahi… Thodi der aur so jaiye…” he said… “Hume neend nahi aa rahi…” she said… He opened his eyes and looked at her… she was staring at the ceiling… He propped himself up on his elbow and placed his head on his hand… “Kya baat hai??” he whispered… she looked at him, “Ajeeb si ghabrahat ho rahi hai…” she whispered back… “Shant ho jaiye… Kuch nahi hoga… Jab tak hum saath hai, hum kisi bhi musibat se ladh lenge…” he whispered… She was lost in his eyes, so was he… They had grown comfortable in each other’s presence…

“Meher… Aisi halat mei aaram karte hai… Aur tum ho ke yaha waha ghume ja rahi ho…” VG’s mother said… “Aunty ji…” HM replied… “Bas… kuch nahi sunna mujhe… Veer kaha hai… Mai usse hi baat karti hu…” she saw AS passing by… “Veer…” VG’s mother called out… “Ji Aunty…” “Apni biwi ko sambhalo… meri ek nahi sun rahi… Kuch der mei party shuru ho jayegi aur ye rest karne ke bajaye kaam kar rahi hai… Ek baar party shuru ho jayegi toh aaram nahi kar payegi…” “Sahi keh rahi hai aap Aunty… Mai abhi inhe room mei le jata hu… Chaliye Meher…” he held her hand and started moving towards their room… “Kya kar rahe hai aap??” she whispered… “Shhh… aap bas chaliye…” Once they were in the washroom, he said, “Haseena ji… aaj kuch bada honewala hai… Hume tayyar rehna hoga…” “Aapko aisa kyu lagta hai?” “Tanya ka bartav kuch badla hua hai aaj…” “Hmm… abhi ready ho jate hai party ke liye… Fir hum uspe nazar rakhenge…” he nodded…

She was looking ravishing in the black strapped jumpsuit… She had adorned a modern style neck piece… AS looked like a Greek God in his sky-blue shirt and black suit… She realised she was staring at him while he was busy fixing his tie… “Mai kar du??” she asked… He looked at her and was mesmerized… She had managed to take his breath away… She moved closer and started fixing his tie… His hands unconsciously moved to her waist… She looked at him surprised but didn’t say anything… When she was done with the tie, she took a step behind… “Aisi koi cheez hai jo aap nahi kar sakti??” he asked looking at his perfectly knotted tie… “Nahi hai… jitna mai janti hu…” she said with confidence… He smiled; he loved her attitude… They both left for the party…

Arrangements of the party were done in the lawn behind the house… By the time, AS and HM had come the party was already buzzing… both noticed TV near the bar counter… HM nodded at AS and moved towards TV while AS went in search of VG… “Aap kitni pyaari lag rahi hai Meher…” TV said… “Thank you Tanya… Aap bhi bohot khubsoorat lag rahi hai…” HM replied… TV was being greeted by all the guests… Suddenly a drink spilled on her dress… She excused herself and went inside to clean it… HM was surrounded by the guests and couldn’t go behind her… She tried to alert AS but he too was busy… She was trying to find an excuse to leave the party and follow TV when one of the servants came to her… “Bhabhi… Choti Memsaab aapko bula rahi hai kamre mei…” he informed her… She blessed him silently and quickly left for TV’s room… HM reached TV’s room and found her door slightly ajar… She opened the door and went in… “Tanya…” she called out… Suddenly something hit her head and she fell unconscious… The same servant went to AS and said “Meher Bhabhi aapko bula rahi hai Sir…” AS found it suspicious but went towards their room… Before he could open the door, something pricked his neck and unconsciousness took over him…

AS slowly gained consciousness… He found his hands handcuffed to a poll behind him… HM was in the same condition beside him… She was still unconscious… He was trying to figure out how long he had been out but there were no windows in the room to give him any idea of the time… Slowly HM too came to her senses… She saw AS beside her… “Kya soch rahi ho Haseena Malik??” TV’s voice broke the silence of the room… “Aur tum Anubhav Singh… Manna padega… Acting achi kar lete ho…” HM and AS were stunned… Their cover was blown… But how?? “Dimaag pe jyada zor mat dalo… mai batati hu…” she said with a smirk… “Delhi wale hotel mei ek couple tha… Mr and Mrs Vihaan Shergil… Wahi couple Ambala mei Mr and Mrs Veer Kohli ban gaya… Kaise??” she asked animatedly… “Bas yahi galti kar di… Aur pakde gaye…” she laughed… One of her gang members came in… He was the same servant who had sent them into the trap… “Madam… Boss ka call aa raha hai… Unhe bata du inke bare mei??” he said… “Koi zarurat nahi hai… Boss ko bata kar unka mood bighadne ki… waise bhi ab yeh log kuch nahi kar sakte…” TV said… “Inka kya karna hai??” “Kaam ho jane do fir inhe bhi khatam kar denge… Nazar rakho inpe… Agar bhagne ki koshish ki toh uda dena…” She said and both left the room…

“Ab kya kare sir??” HM asked… AS was surprised at her calmness… “Yaha se nikal na hoga kuch bhi karke…” “Lekin kaise??” “Pehle yeh hathkadi khul jaye…” he said struggling to break free… He was looking around for something when his eyes fell on HM’s neck piece… It had spike like structures hanging on a chain… “Kya dekh rahe hai sir??” “Aapka necklace…” “Sir… Aisi situation mei aap…” “Aap galat samajh rahi hai Haseena ji… Hume uska ek tukda mil jayega toh hum yeh hathkadi khol payenge…” She tried to look at her neck piece… “Lekin kaise de hum aapko??” she asked… “Hum koshish kare??” he asked sheepishly… HM could only nod… AS bent his head, nuzzled in her neck and tried to hold one of the spikes in his teeth… His lips on her skin caused her to shiver… She tried to keep herself calm… AS was diligently working on separating a spike from the chain… “Ouch…” “Sorry Haseena ji…” AS said… “Koi baat nahi… jaldi kijiye…” she said… Finally, he was successful in pulling out a spike… He held it between his lips and sat up… He gestured towards her… “Kya??” she asked… “Mhmm…” he tried to explain her… She understood it this time… She tilted her head and moved her lips closer to his… she held the spike between her lips… He was distracted for a moment, her warm breath teasing him… She gestured him to turn… He recovered and turned around while she dropped the spike in his hands… AS uncuffed himself in no time and then released HM… They needed to get out of here before TV was successful in laying her hands on the trigger…