The Panic

Note: Hey guys, I am planning to end the FF in next chapter... Wanted to know what kind of end do you guys want... 'Happy' or 'Sad'?? Option 3 also exists that is 'No End'. Please do let me know... Happy Reading...

By the time, they reached their destination, AS had fallen asleep on the back seat under the influence of the alcohol… KS and CC brought him to his room with great efforts… “Cheete… Thana jao… Thana sambhalo aur Santu ko ghar bhejo… Hum hai Bhaiyya ke paas…” “Ji Madam…” CC left… KS brought a wet towel and wiped off all the sweat and tears of her sleeping brother… Removed his shoes and covered him with a blanket… Once she was sure he wouldn’t wake up before the sun rises, she went and slept in the guest room thinking how she could help her brother win back MS… The Sun rays woke her up… It took her a moment to register where she was… Last nights events flashed in front of her eyes… She got up with a jerk when she remembered her Chachi ji would be reaching any moment… She rushed to AS’s room to wake him up… He was sleeping soundly… She opened the curtains letting the sunlight in, waking him up… “Mmmhhh…” he was irritated as his sleep was disturbed… “Uth jaiye… Subah ho gayi hai…” KS said… He stirred and tried to open his eyes… He sat up and rubbed his eyes; his head pounding… “Aap yaha kya kar rahi hai?? Aur hum yaha kaise aaye??” he asked… “Talli ho ke pade the aap… Hum aur Cheetah utha ke le aaye aapko… Mann toh kar raha tha aapko pade rehne dete hai… Lekin fir humare andar ka behen ka pyaar ubhar aaya…” She taunted… AS just looked at her and shook his head… “Kahe karte hai aisa Anu Bhaiyya…?? Kahe khud ko takleef de rahe hai??” His eyes bulged out… Did she call him bhaiyya?? He looked at her and smiled… “Dobara boliye…” he said… “Ka?? Dobara aapko ramayan sunaye?? Pehli baar piye ho na… Asar ho gaya lagta hai aapke dimaag pe Anu Bhaiyya…” she said completely understanding what he wanted to hear… But she pretended as she didn’t know how to cope with emotional situations… “Chachi ji se daant khani na ho toh jake naha lijiye… Badbu aa rahi hai aapse daru ki… Jhat pakad lengi Chachi ji…” “Maa kab aayi??” “Abhi aayi nahi hai lekin thodi der mei pohch jayengi… Aap unka phone uthate toh aapko bhi pata hota… Hum Nimbu Pani le aate hai… Tab tak aap naha lijiye…” she said and went to the kitchen…

AS hugged Maa as soon as she walked in through the door… “Kya baat hai Anu?? Sab thik hai na??” Maa asked… “Haan Maa… Sab thik hai… Hume aapki bohot yaad aa rahi thi… Aap nahi thi toh ghar khali khali lag raha tha…” Maa gently tapped his head and “Bas ek hafta toh nahi the hum yaha… Isiliye kehte hai shaadi kar lo… Lekin tum kaha sunte ho humari…” His heart ached… “Woh sab rehne dijiye… Aap aaram kijiye… Hum chalte hai… Hume der ho rahi hai…” he said, kissed Maa’s forehead and left… He reached in his cabin when he realised, today was the day when his Haseena ji was getting engaged… He slumped back in his chair and took a sharp breath to calm his racing heart… The pain was not subsiding… He closed his eyes for a moment, breathed out and began working… Work was the only thing that he thought could divert his mind…

At MPT, CC was lost and looked gloomy… “Cheete… Kya hua hai tujhe?? Tune mere Good Morning ka bhi jawab nahi diya…” SS asked… Last night when he had relived her off her duty, SS had simply hurried home without a glance behind her… She had been half asleep when KS had summoned her to MPT… When CC didn’t answer her, she shook him… “Cheete… Tu thik hai??” she said… “Santu ji… aap kab aayi??” “Mujhe aake kafi time ho gaya… Tu bata tu kaha khoya hai?? Kuch hua hai kya??” “Hum DSP sir ka bare mei soch rahe the…” “Kya hua sir ko?? Kal raat tu aur KM gaye the na unko dhundne?? Mil toh gaye the woh… Tabhi tu wapas thane aaya tha na??” “Mil toh gaye… lekin jis halat mei mile the… ab ka bataye aapko… humko bahut bura lag raha hai woh sab yaad karke…” he said with tears in his eyes… “Cheete kya hua hai?? Sir ko chot aai hai kya?? Bata na…” SS asked worried… “Batate hai…” CC narrated the incidents of last night, deliberately leaving out what AS had told him about SS… PS who had entered, was not noticed by SS and CC… She too heard what had transpired last night… “Cheetah… Tum sach bol rahe ho??” PS asked… “Pushpa ji… Hum kahe jhooth bolenge…” CC said with a sad expression… They were used to a charming smile on AS’s handsome face… The pain and tears were pricking their heart as well… But they had no idea what could be done to change the current scenario… They simply decided to leave it to fate and resumed their work…

HM had been restless since the time she had woken up… She had taken half day today… But she couldn’t concentrate on her work… Also, the behaviour of her team had confused her… She was sitting in her room when Ammi came in… “Haseena… Beta aap abhi tak tayyar nahi hui?? Mehman aana shuru ho jayenge kuch der mei… Hume unse pehle pohchna chahiye…” “Hmm…” Ammi sat beside her, “Kya baat hai jaan?? Aap pareshan lag rahi hai??” “Pata nahi Ammi… Subah se bechaini ho rahi hai… Kuch samajh nahi aa raha… Aisa lag raha hai kuch bura hone wala hai…” “Aisa nahi kehte beta… Kuch nahi hoga… Aaj kitna acha din hai… Aap tayyar ho jaiye… Hum aapke liye coffee bana dete hai… aapko acha lagega…” Ammi said caressing her hair… HM hugged Ammi while Ammi placed a kiss on her head… Ammi left to get her coffee while HM went to take a shower…

At the Banquet Hall, HM was waiting for her team… Her restlessness had increased instead of subsiding… She felt a little better when KS and others walked in… She hurried towards them, “Kitni der laga di aap logone… Hum kab se aap sab ka wait kar rahe the...” she said happily… “Jai Hind MS…” they saluted her… “Jai Hind…” “Woh MS thane se nikalte nikalte der ho gayi… isiliye late ho gaye…” “Koi baat nahi… Aaiye aap sab… Ammi se mil lijiye…” She said and guided them towards Ammi… The Team was introducing themselves when HM’s phone rang… She excused herself… “Waise Karishma beta… Aap bohot pyari lag rahi hai…” Ammi said… “Dekha dekha… kaha tha na humne… Acha suit pehnegi toh achi lagengi… Aap toh woh ghatiya sa pant shirt pehne wali thi…” PS said… “Pushpa ji…” “Hum Amma hai tumhari…” “Haan haan Amma…” but KS was cut in between by HM… “KS… Anubhav Sir kaha hai?? Woh abhi tak aaye kyu nahi??” HM asked… “Hume nahi pata MS… Aur hume nahi lagta ke woh aayenge…” KS said… “Lekin kyu nahi aayenge??” HM asked… KS looked at her but couldn’t answer… “Khair abhi humare paas waqt nahi hai… Hum aate hai…” HM said and scurried away…

HM dialled AS’s number… But he didn’t answer… She called his desk phone, but she was informed by the constable about his departure… She continuously kept trying to reach him, but he did not answer his phone… She had to find him at any cost… She was panicking when she remembered something… After looking for something in the phone, she hurried to her car with her gun… She dropped a message to Ammi that she will be back in sometime and to manage in her absence… She kept calling AS while driving like a mad woman…