Percy: My daughter jumps on my face

Chapter one

"Daddy!"

I groaned. "What's up baby?"

"It's time to get up!" Amber jumped on my face.

"Ow! Ambie, get off me!" I scolded.

"Sowy, Daddy," My five year old said with the adorable lisp that I can't get rid of but still love.

I tickled the little girl.

She laughed, "Daddy, stop!"

I stopped.

"You ready for school?" I asked as I slipped out of bed.

"Yep!" Her messy blonde hair was tied back, obviously done by a five year old. Her pink tutu, as always not matching her unicorn shirt. Amber's big grey eyes open with excitement for her first day of school.

"You're gonna wear that?" I asked, noticing her purple leggings, pink hightops, tutu and unbrushed hair.

She nodded.

"Okay! Let's go get you some pancakes!" I said.

"Can they be purple?" Amber pleaded.

"Can they be blue?" I pleaded back.

"Nope," she said.

"Okay, fine they can be purple."

"Yay!" She said, running into the kitchen.

After breakfast, I quickly got dressed in jeans and a T-shirt, grabbed Amber's bumblebee backpack and walked out the door.

We got in my truck and drove Amber to kindergarten.

"Hi, I'm here to drop off my daughter," I said to the school secretary when we arrived.

"Name?" Said the lady.

"Amber Jackson."

"And you are?"

"Percy Jackson," I said.

"Her father?"

"Yeah?"

"Huh, we don't get many dads around here," the lady said with a flirtatious smile.

"Yeah well I will drop her off most mornings but my mom will pick her up after school," I sassed, ignoring her smile.

"Uh-huh, go wait in the hallway," she tutted disappointedly.

When I was in the hallway, I noticed a blonde woman, no older than me.

"I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU!" Piper screamed.

"Well, what can I do, Pipes? I'm the dad! I can't just abandon Beth!" I screamed back.

I jerked back to reality when Amber said, "Daddy?"

"Wha- oh sorry baby have a good day," I said.

"I will!" She said as I kissed her head and she skipped into her classroom.