Annabeth: We Create A Master Plan To Lie To Literally Everyone

Chapter Twelve

Five and a half years ago

"Congratulations! You guys are having twins!" The doctors says excitedly.

Shit. Twins that's not possible. We had an arrangement. It would work. This messes it up.

I look up at my boyfriend. He looked like he was definitely having the same thoughts as me.

I can easily see the smile fall on our doctor's face.

"Well that will be... fun?" Percy says, but it comes out more like a question to spare his feelings.

We drive to his house in complete silence. We both are trying to figure this out.

Once we arrive, we see his mom, Sally looking ready to talk. She knows about our baby. Everyone does.

"How's the baby?" She asks, knowing we just got back from the doctor's office.

"The baby is doing great," Percy says, smiling. I know him well enough to know that the smile he currently has plastered on his face is fake. We both know it.

"Oh that's wonderful dears. Dinner will be ready in half an hour. Anna dear, are you staying?" Sally questions, turning to me.

"Of course as long as it's okay with you. You know I could never say no to your cooking," I say trying to smile.

"Of course it's okay with me," Sally smiles.

"We're going upstairs mum," Percy, grabbing my hand to pull me to his room. The last thing I see before turning the corner is Sally Jackson-McClean nodding at he son's words.

In Percy's room, I sit on his bed as he sits in his desk chair, facing each other.

"Well," I say, as he says "So..?" At the same time. We both half smile before he allows me to continue.

"What about the plan Percy?"

"What about it?"

"How will it work now. I can't go to school all day and you all night and just leave your mom with two kids."

We had a plan. The plan was that Percy stays doing night school here, taking care of the baby and his mom helps him with our child. I give up on my dream to study in New York, take community college here and still see the baby when I'm not doing school. It was perfect, aside from not being able to go to New York and Percy has to work all day (me only part time) and has a bit more responsibility.

"What if you went to New York," Percy says through gritted teeth.

"How?"

"You take one with you. I take one here. You study. I study. Your mom's old friend in New York helps you and my mom helps me. Simple."

"What about us, Percy?"

"Annie, there is not supposed to be an us. Your entire family hates that we're together plus my sister. If it's meant to be we'll find each other again some day." Percy is now crying. I think I am too.

"Why would you even think that? I thought you told me we'd be a team." I sob.

"We are. Just from the opposite sides of the country," Percy says through tears before giving me a hug. "We will make it work," he continues into my hair.

Hence our new plan- plan B. I take one baby with me to NYC and I study there, with the help of my mom's old friend that she met in college. Percy keeps the other baby here. He works through the day and gets a degree at night school. We don't tell anybody that we have twins. We had one baby all along. If either of us for whatever reason let it slip that there was twins, we say that one had been a miscarriage. I get to come and go and see my family as much as I want, same with Percy, our families will not be a problem. We tell them that we broke up. Percy will say that I gave birth, left him with the child and ran away. I will say that as soon as it is born we left me and I chose to get away. Brutal, but our families will have to believe it.

I wake up gasping for air. Why does my brain have to haunt me with those memories?