Percy: I take a well needed forced mental break

Chapter Thirteen

This morning I woke up feeling sick to my stomach. I somehow dragged myself out of bed and into Amber's room fifteen minutes before we should leave for her school.

I shake her up. "Ambie, come on you have to get up. You have school today."

She rolls over and groans "Daddy, I feel sick. My tummy hurts." She says, her voice sounds froggy.

I check her forehead with my hand. It's warm. She is definitely feverish.

"Well it looks like there's not point of going anywhere. Do you want to go back to sleep or would you rather get up and watch cartoons with me?" I look back at her to see my question has been answered, she's already sound asleep.

I go into my room to call my office and her school letting both people on the other end know that neither of us are feeling well and will not be going to school or work.

I try to go back into bed but after about a half an hour of laying in bed, I decide to get up and watch tv in the living room.

I grab myself and Amber each a bucket in case either of us need to throw up unexpectedly. I also find a bowl and pour some Honey Nut Cheerios and turn on the new show I like to watch.

After a while I hear Amber run from her room into the bathroom I dash after her into the bathroom and grab her hair as she leans over the toilet and let's all of the food she has eaten last night back up.

When I have Amber and the bathroom cleaned up, I give her some medicine and a ginger ale in hopes she feels a bit better.

Together we sit on the couch, watching her favourite kids show. I'll be honest, the show itself is kinda interesting and I quite enjoy sitting on the couch with my favourite person in the whole world, and occasionally holding her hair back for her when she feels like vomiting. This is weird, if I had told myself five years ago that this is where my life was going, I wouldn't believe it. Now, I wouldn't trade it for anything.