Station of Terror, part III

After falling through complete blackness for well over a minute, the Warrior and the other Time Lords felt the strange tingling sensation of being transmatted, and dropped unceremoniously onto a cold metal floor.

"YOU HAVE DELAYED THE INEVITABLE FOR BUT A LITTLE," said a booming metallic voice.

They looked around. The walls were bronze colored and divided into hexagons, some of which were full of pulsing fluids or plasma crackling with electricity. They were surrounded by Daleks. Only about twenty five of the two hundred or so Time Lords who had come aboard the Cruciform were present. They did not want to think about what might have happened to the rest.

At the center of the vast room stood a massive Dalek casing fixed to the floor. Underneath the dome within three huge panels was a tank containing a Kaled mutant. The single, huge bloodshot eye fixed them with an intense, unblinking glare.

"YOU WILL DEFY THE DALEKS NO MORE," said the Dalek Emperor. "YOUR VALUABLE SECRETS WILL BE EXTRACTED FROM YOUR MINDS SLOWLY AND AGONIZINGLY, DETAIL BY DETAIL."

"Oh ----," one of the Time Lord soldiers gasped.
Another pulled a plasma pistol out and immediately fired at the Dalek Emperor, but the force field surrounding them stopped it. One of the four black-topped Daleks surrounding the Emperor shot a stream of lightning at the pistol. The pistol exploded, taking the man's arm with it.
"Fool," the Warrior hissed as the soldier screamed in in pain and began to regenerate.

"AS WAS JUST DEMONSTRATED, IT IS POINTLESS TO RESIST. ALL MUST PERISH BEFORE THE DALEKS."

"No," the Warrior said. "I will not let you destroy all that is good in the universe. No matter what it takes, I will stop you, and I will personally ensure that no single Dalek survives."

"YOU CAN DO NOTHING," the Emperor sneered. "YOU ARE TRAPPED. YOUR BRAIN WILL BE MINED FOR EVERYTHING USEFUL, AND THEN YOUR PUTRID CORPSE WILL BE CAST INTO THE VOID!"

"Perhaps I personally can't do anything," the Warrior admitted. "But you will not succeed. You ought to look back at history and remember what has happened to those who have defied ME. And that was when I was still trying to be a pacifist. Now, I won't hold back, and with the Time Lords behind me, the Daleks will perish in a slaughter the likes of which the universe has never seen!"

"THE TIME LORDS ARE FOOLS AND HYPOCRITES. THEY CLAIM TO PROTECT OTHER INFERIOR LIFE FORMS AND YET EXTERMINATE WHOMEVER THEY WILL IN THEIR QUEST FOR VICTORY. THEY CAN PROLONG THEIR EXISTENCE FOR A MOMENT BUT THEY SHALL BE SWEPT AWAY BY THE MIGHT OF THE DALEKS."

"You're wrong on both counts. Unlike you there is still good in them. Their tactics may be wrong, but in the end, they still want to save the universe. And you will never succeed. You are the ones who will be swept away."

"DALEKS ARE SUPREME. WE WILL PREVAIL. ALL INFERIOR LIFE FORMS WILL BE EXTERMINATED. THE TIME LORDS ARE NO EXCEPTION. ONCE YOU ARE GONE THERE WILL BE NOTHING TO STOP US FROM REACHING OUR DESTINY."

"And then what," the Warrior demanded.

"THE DALEKS SHALL REIGN SUPREME!"

"But what will you do then? If you succeed in killing everyone and everything that isn't a Dalek, what would you do? With no one to kill, you would have no purpose! With no music, art, literature, love, food, friendship, or anything other than hatred for those different from yourselves, you'd have nothing to live for! Nothing to do, alone without purpose in the vast, dark, and empty universe. Nothing other than sitting and waiting for the end of time."

Before the Emperor could respond, the ship around them shook violently, accompanied by the sound of alarms.

"HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN," he demanded furiously.

"You didn't think I just barged in here without a plan, did you? It seems the other platoon just finished cutting the connections between this ship and the Cruciform. My people will be taking the station back now."

"EMERGENCY TEMPORAL SHIFT," the Emperor cried. The ship immediately vanished, but left the Warrior and the other Time Lords behind. For the second time that day, they found themselves falling through midair.