Chapter 2

Over the next couple weeks in between her therapy session and obligations Technoblade teaches Asteria about his world in youtube

Over the next couple weeks in between her therapy session and obligations Technoblade teaches Asteria about his world in youtube. She's fascinated by it and quickly gets the hang of things like editing. It's also helped the cousins become more comfortable with each other and Ash has started to talk more.

One night in the middle of July Techno and Asteria are sitting watching a movie together. These movie night had started to become a regular occurs, used as way to wind down especially after particularly draining days.

The only noise is the actors on screen until Techno reaches over to pause the move. "Hey Ash?" He asks.

She looks toward him at the mention of her name, "what's up?"

"Would you be interested in starting to build your own PC? If you did you could start streaming too, only if you wanted. Didn't your therapist mention something about finding about positive community?"

"Uh-" Ash stutters at first thinking about the offer. "I'd definitely like to work on the PC but streaming would be a lot."

Techno smiles, "of course, I understand." He reaches for the remote again, "we can start looking for things tomorrow?" Asteria nods your answer his question and he turns the movie back on.

It's over a little while later and Asteria gets up to head to bed and try and get some sleep. She says goodnight to Techno and heads to her room. The apartment is filled with the sound of Techno getting ready for bed and then it goes silent.

The silence is Asteria least favorite part of the night. It's been here than it was at home with the sounds of city life. Yet she still finds it extremely difficult to sleep.

After lying in bed for hours Asteria gives up. She pulls on the worn black converse by her bed and grabs her phone, the key techno had given her and lastly the pack of cigarettes hidden in a drawer and her lighter.

Careful to move as silently as possible she leaves the apartment and walks down the several flights of stares. The brisk night air hits her face as she opens the backdoor. Ash steps outside and into the alley behind the building.

She brings a cigarette to her lips, lights it and takes a long draw. She slowly breaths out and the smoke dissipates in the light breeze. As she smiles Asteria stares down the alley and watches warmly lit streets and the few cars drive by.

She suddenly remembers a night similar in her
home town. She had been with a group of people, she wouldn't call them friends and they were definitely bad influences. That night had been filled with alcohol and weed. Other than that she barely remembers anything besides the view from the alley they were in.

It reminds her of San Francisco. Or maybe San Francisco reminds her of Ohio.

Putting out her cigarette she heads back upstairs. When she climbs back into bed this time she is able to fall asleep.

The next morning when she wakes up it's pretty late. She wanders out of her room to find Techno sitting on the floor with Floof. She wanders over and sits next to them.

"Good morning," he says in his usually monotone deep voice.

"Morning," Ash says quietly, running her fingers along the dogs fur. "So I was thinking," she starts, "maybe I could try streaming. Obviously building the PC comes first but I think it might be fun."

Techno smiles, "sounds good Ash." She smiles as well. "Do you want some breakfast?" Techno asked getting up, "I already ate but I can make you something.

"Thanks but I'm okay."

He nods and walks off leaving Asteria alone with the small white dog. After a few minutes Techno calls for her to come to his office.

When she gets there he's sitting with his computer open and scrolling through the pieces needed for her computer. She sits down next to him and together they order everything they need.

Asteria sits there with a smile on her face. Despite her protests of helping with the cost Techno refuses each time.

By the end of the day everything is being shipped. Set to arrive in about two weeks.

They also brainstorm ideas for her channel and Asteria decides she wants to use her nickname 'Ash.' She comes up with Asholic, a play on alcoholic. She also creates an instagram and a twitter.

4 likesAsholic - if you find this you're special0 comments

4 likes
Asholic - if you find this you're special
0 comments

~Author Speaks~
Word Count: 757
As of right now I changed the plot to be not platonic but it might change back. I've got a couple directions I want to go and I'm not sure what will fit best quite yet.
Bit of a shorter chapter sorry