Chapter 13

Asholic went live! BEDWARS!!! w/Ranboo, Tommy, and Tubbo

"Hey chat," Ash says pulling up her face cam. "How are we?" Her chat scrolls past and she reads it the best she can. A dono comes through asking how she is.

"Thank you for the five, I'm doing alright been really tired lately if you can't tell by the dark circles," she lazily gestures at her eyes.

Tired is an understatement, in the week since Ranboo's left she's barely slept. Her brain keeping her up at night with its overthinking. She shakes her head to clear her thoughts and turns her attention back to her monitor.

"I know I mostly stream Dream SMP but I thought it might be fun to go back to my roots and play some bed wars. Been kind of missing the super chill streams lately."

"Anyways Tommy, Tubbo and Ranboo are going to be playing with us so let's get into it." She quickly joins the discord call where the boys have been waiting for her.

"Hey guys," she says.

Tubbo and Tommy's greeting come at the same time, trying to talk over each other.

"Hey Ash," Ranboo says and she feels like her heart momentarily stops beating. His voice all she hears for that split second. She hadn't talked to him yesterday, blaming it on being busy, and she desperately missed him.

Really she just didn't know what to say. Something had shifted since he left, and Ash isn't sure what. Things feel more awkward as they tried to fall back into their old routine. Perhaps Ash got a glimpse of what could be and now being apart doesn't feel the same.

"You guys ready to get started?" She asks. A chorus of yes's comes from the other end and she logs onto hypixel.

The stream goes fairly well, doing doubles Ash ended up with Tommy or Tubbo more often making it easier to avoid the awkwardness of talking to Ranboo. She hopes her chat wouldn't notice that when they talked their conversation felt almost forced.

She says goodbye to chat and instead of sticking around in the call like she usually does she tells them all she's heading off for the day and then quickly leaves before anyone can say anything. She shuts off her PC and leans back in her chair rubbing her face.

On her desk her phone lights up just moments later and a picture of Tommy's face pops up as he calls her. She sighs and picks up the phone.

"Hey Tommy," she says almost completely monotone. She walks out to the kitchen to make herself a cup of coffee knowing she wouldn't sleep anyways.

"Hey," he says, "I'm just-" he pauses. "Is something up with you and Ranboo? Today just seemed really tense."

Ash keeps her hands busy by making the drink as she thinks about how to answer. She decides she can be honest with him. "It's just been weird since he left, when he was here we, um, kind of said we were together?" She lets out a breath, almost laughing. "But it wasn't very official or anything and I don't know what we are, or if it's going to work. I also know that I'm so scared."

"Scared of what?" Tommy asks carefully.

"Losing him, if we are together what if the distance makes us break up? I'm scared of losing him yet I'm pushing him away. I don't mean to I just try to avoid pain before it happens."

"Call him," the British boy says. "You don't need to be serious just talk to him. You aren't going to lose him unless you don't talk to him Ash."

"You're probably right."

"I'm always right."

"Shut up," she laughs. "Thank you though, I needed to get that off my chest."

"Of course, I'll talk to you soon okay?"

"Okay, bye Tommy."

"Bye Ash," he hangs up and before Ash can convince herself to stop, she's clicked Ranboos contact to call him.

He picks up just after the first ring. "I was just about to call you," he says and Ash can hear the smile in his voice.

"Hey," she says.

"Are you okay? I feel like we haven't talked a lot."

"I'm okay, I'm sorry about that though."

"It's okay," he says and the call goes quiet before Ash awkwardly speaks.

"So um, how was your day?"

"It was alright, I have a kind of big test tomorrow that I'm really not excited for."

"Oh really? What's it over?"

"Algebra."

From there the conversation gets easier, almost as if they've broken the ice again. Ash helps Ranboo study for his test for a while, even if she's not the best at math.

She also works on an essay for her Advanced Composition class and reads it to Ranboo. He's always enjoyed listening to her talk about writing or read to him what she's wrote. Even if it's just about The Gettysburg Address.

It's soon approaching 1 am for Ranboo, only 10 for Ash.

"You know I hate my name? That's why everyone calls me Ash. Only my mother calls me Asteria anymore." Ash is laying on her floor talking now, staring out the window.

"I didn't even know that was your full name."

"Oh, I thought I told you. It's supposed to be the name of the goddess of the stars. But look at me I'm no goddess"

"You are to me," Ranboo says quietly causing a smile to grow on Ash's face. "I love you."

"I love you too," she whispers. "You should get some sleep. It's late for you."

"You're probably right, goodnight."

"Goodnight Ranboo."

~ Author Speaks ~
Word count: 928