Chapter 16

"Now boarding flight to San Francisco

"Now boarding flight to San Francisco." The moment the intercom clicks off Ranboo is out of his seat and into the boarding line. Losing his patience and desperately wanting to get to Ash.

He crams into the plane seat leaning his forehead against the small plane window. It's cool against his forehead. Soon the plane pulls out the airport and soars into the sky. Ranboo tries to sleep but his nerves are preventative and mixed with motion sickness causing him to feel nauseous.

He thinks to himself that maybe his plan was to impulsive. He has no idea what he's going to when he lands besides get a taxi and make his way to the apartment. No idea what he's going to say, or how he's going to talk to her let alone if she would let him.

~~~

12,371 likesAsholic - breaking my hiatus for a moment to show my new hair

12,371 likes
Asholic - breaking my hiatus for a moment to show my new hair.
421 Comments

~~~

Ranboo's plane touches the ground in San Francisco much sooner than he had been anticipating. He checks his phone while waiting to be let off the plane to see several encouraging texts from both Tubbo, and more surprisingly Tommy.

They were the only people, besides his parents, that knew what he was doing. His parents had thought it was irrational but they still let him go, knowing that if they didn't he would resent them. Before he had left his mother had said to him; "I'm not deaf and I'm certainly not blind. I can see how you feel about her and if you're as committed to this, to her and I think you are then you're doing the right thing by fighting."

This time when getting off the plane, Ranboo is careful not to hit his head. He takes things slower, much more anxious than last time he had been in this airport. He grabs his small backpack from the overhead bins and walks off the plane. Heading outside the airport he finds a taxi to take him to Ash.

He stares out the window as the city passes, massaging his palms to keep his fingers busy. Ranboo begins to recognize the neighborhood as they get closer. It also begins to rain, the drops rolling down the window.

'Fitting,' he thinks, 'it always seems to rain in these moments in stories.'

~~~

Ash is laying on her bed, the lights off with the curtains drawn. She's been that way since she broke up with Ranboo, only leaving once to buy hair dye.

Techno had brought her coffee earlier to try to cheer her up, and the cup lay empty on the floor.

He deserves a happy ending. It suits him. This girl, laying in the dark, isn't that ending. She has no idea that he's in San Francisco, coming to her. No idea he's just reached the apartment building, and is running up the stairs.

When there's a knock on the door she doesn't know it's him, the thought doesn't even appear in her brain.

Techno is the one to answer the door. When he opens it he sees a familiar 6'6 teenage boy drenched in rain. His clothes sticking to his figure and his hair clinging to his face droplets falling on the carpet.

"Ranboo?" Techno asks stepping into the hall, almost closing the door behind him. "What are you doing here?" Technos voice is hushed trying not to alarm Ash.

"I need to talk to her. I'm not letting her get away because I love her. Please Techno."

Techno rubs his hand against his jaw, sighing before opening the door. "If she wants you gone, you're gone. I'll figure out somewhere for you to stay but she's not having a good time right now Ranboo. I don't know if she needs you or needs to be alone."

He nods and walks inside, easily remembering how to get to her room. He stands outside the door, his fist raised to knock but he freezes. Ranboo stands their, frozen in place trying to figure out if he had done the right thing.

It's to late now to turn back so he finally move, his fist connecting to the wood and the knocking echoing in the hall. "Come in," a faint voice comes from the other side of the door. He opens it and steps into the door frame, his height almost causing him to hit his head.

Her back is facing him, a dull light emitting from her phone and casting a glow on her face. He notices the pink tint to her hair and smiles briefly.

"Did you need something Techno?"

She rolls onto her side and as soon as she sees him standing there she stands up. "What the fuck? What are you doing here?"

She stays on the opposite side of the room from him, looking him up and down. His hair is a mess and he looks tired. They stand in silence as Ranboo tries to form a sentence.

"I-," he pauses and takes a deep breath. "I needed to see you."

"Why?"

He goes quiet again. "Because I love you," he says quietly. Ash doesn't say anything, crossing her arms.

"And I'm not giving up on us that easily Ash, because I love you. So much. But if you really don't want me, or don't love me like I love you then tell me to go. I will turn back around and walk back out that door and go home."

Ash slowly walks over to Ranboo, pausing a few feet away. Still not having said anything she meets his eyes.

"I do love you, I really do. It's scary and I'm scared that I'm not good enough for you."

"I don't love you for what you think you are. I love you for what you truly are and maybe you can't see that. But I can. It's all I can see Ash."

She carefully reaches out and takes his hand. The familiarity of his touch surrounding her as their fingers interlock. She missed him, the hole in her heart being filled again by him being here.

"Don't go."

"I won't," his voice is soft, relief threading it. He pulls her into his arms for a tight hug, holding onto her like at any moment she will slip away.

~Author Speaks~
Word count: 1047
Quick question: when I write another book who would you like to see it be about? (I'm thinking Wilbur but leave you're suggestions)
The next update may take a while, not only is a lot going on right now but I'm having major writers block.