Chapter 10

"Ready?" Ash turns to ask Ranboo as he's adjusts his mask

"Ready?" Ash turns to ask Ranboo as he's adjusts his mask. He nods and gives her a thumbs up and she presses the go live button. Her starting soon screen appears and Ranboo plays his usual Lemon Demon song. A nice combination of the two.

They let it play through before unmuting, "hey chat," Ash says and turns on the camera. She stands back just far enough so she can still read what everyone is saying and waves. Ranboo waves from behind her as well and then goes back to messing with the bowls they have set out.

"Obviously I'm not in my usual spot and I'm in the kitchen," she says gesturing behind her. "We figured you guys could do with a surprise baking stream." Ranboo smiles under his mask and watches the girl energetically explain how they can't really bake so they are using a boxed mix. She turns to him, smiling and he snaps out of it.

"Ready Ranboo?"

"Ready." He gives her a quick thumbs up. She runs over to him with the box of cake mix in her hands. She reads off the few ingredients they need and goes to grab them. Meanwhile Ranboo is getting out the tools they'll need while Ash's tells him where they are.

When everything is ready Ash dumps the power into a bowl. Then she grabs an egg and holds it up. "You're lucky I'm not throwing this at you," she says to the masked boy.

Ranboo laughs, "do it you would dare." He grabs a spatula from near the stove. "I'll just block it."

A wicked grin appears on her face, "you wish." She returns her attention to the bowl and when Ranboo isn't expecting it she throws the egg. His arm swings wildly but the shell cracks against his chest.

Ranboo takes two steps with his long legs and he's able to hit Ash with the spatula he's holding. She laughs, "Dude I'm not the egg."

"Dream SMP egg arc?"

"Yeah I'm the demon inside, you're next Ranboo." She goes back to the cake and cracks the eggs into the bowl this time.

"I'm not scared of you," he says and greases the pan.

"You should be," Ash turns quickly to face him raising her eyes to look at his glasses.

"Is that a threat?" Ranboo towers over the girl and she smiles.

"It definitely is," her arm reaches behind her and grabs an egg from carton undetected. She once again hits it against his chest. Ranboo gasps and they both burst out laughing.

A few minutes later they finally put the cake in the oven. Ranboo leaves to change out his egg stained shirt and while he's gone Ash pays attention to her chat.

When Ranboo comes back they talk for a while until the timer goes off and they take the cake out the oven. Ash grabs the frosting and assortment of sprinkles from the cabinets.

"Shouldn't we let it cool?" Ranboo asks.

"No time for that. What could go wrong?" She smiles and scoops a spoonful of frosting onto the cake. Ranboo joins in and together they do a half assed job of frosting the cake.

Just as they are putting the finish touches on the cake, which had melted frosting dripping down the sides, Techno gets home.

He stops when he open the door automatically seeing the horrible mess that is the kitchen. "What did you do to the kitchen?"

Ash gives me a worried smile and holds up the plate that the cake is on. "Hey techno," she says dragging out the 'y' sound. "Want some cake?" As she asks she tilts the plate a little far and the cake slides off and onto the counter.

The trio of streamers all start laughing and Ash scrambles to shove it back on the plate, her hands consistently getting covered in sticky frosting.

"Guess that's what happens when you frost a hot cake..." Ranboo sighs looking at the mess.

"Just clean up when you're done," Techno says retreating to his office. After that disaster Ash says goodbye to the chat and turns off the stream. She grabs three paper plates and cuts some pieces of cake for herself, Ranboo and Techno while Ranboo takes off his mask.

"I'll be right back," she says and runs to give her cousin the cake. When she comes back she sits with Ranboo on the couch.

"You know for melting the frosting and it falling on the counter this isn't that bad." Ash laughs and takes a couple small bites before setting the cake on the glass coffee table, abandoning it.

She then grabs the speaker sitting on the table and turns it on, a pinging noise coming from it as her phone connects. She puts on the Spotify playlist she and Ranboo had made together a while ago.

They sit together for awhile listening to the music. Eventually getting up to clean up the mess in the kitchen and then return back to their seats.

Ranboo's arm is lazily draped around Asterias shoulder and she's leaning against him. Ash is the first one to speak in a while.

"You know I hate being touched?" She says. Ranboo quickly goes to move his arm from around her shoulder. Ash carefully grabs his wrist to stop him, "don't move," she says quietly.

"Why do you let me?" Ranboo relaxes and traces circles on her shoulder with his thumb.

"You're the exception," she says quietly and takes her hand and wraps her fingers around his pinky on his hand that's holding his phone briefly. When she moves her hand away he quickly shuts off his phone and intertwines their fingers.

Ash smiles, the butterflies in her stomach coming to life. She relaxes against his body, her head finding its spot against his shoulder.

~Author Speaks~
Word count: 973
Sorry for the long update time. My schools musical was this weekend and I didn't have time or the energy to write during opening week rehearsals.