Chapter 12

"Come on or we are going to be late

"Come on or we are going to be late."

Techno's voice travels through the door to the two teenagers who are laying in Ash's bed. Savoring the bittersweet moment. The day where Ranboo has to go home came heartbreakingly fast. In the days after the night in the kitchen, their kiss, they kept discovering their newly found, relationship? Neither Ash or Ranboo really knew what they were, but they weren't worried. All they were worried about was cherishing every possible moment where they were able to be with each other.

Ash is the first to sit up and swings her legs over the edge of the bed. Ranboo is quickly next to her and Ash stares at the floor in front of her.

"Are you okay?" Ranboo asks quietly.

Ash nods and looks up to meet his eyes, "I just don't want you to leave."

The edges of Ranboo's lips curl into a small smile, his lips pressed together. "Don't worry about that," he says. "I'll talk to you every day, probably so much you'll get sick of me, and then we can start planning the next trip."

Ash smiles, "I could never get sick of you." They fall into a comfortable silence until she speaks again. "After you go home what's going to happen to this?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well I just didn't know, if we were..." she trails off not finishing her sentence. Ranboo knows what she means and he answers by placing his hand on top of hers. "Yeah that."

Ranboo leans over to kiss her and then stands up. "Come on, as much as I want to stay we can't be pissing Techno off." He takes her hand to help her stand up and then grabs his things. As they walk out of the apartment building for the last time Ranboo tightly holds Ash's hand only letting going to put his things in Technos car.

Ranboo gets in first, careful not to hit his head, and when Ash gets he wraps his arm around her waist and other hand gripping hers. Ash let's her head careful rest on his shoulder and let's put a quiet sigh.

Ranboo swallows the lump in his throat and rubs circles on her head with his thump. He isn't allowing himself to cry at least until they get to the airport.

He tells himself that there's no need to cry anyways. Nothing is changing it's just going back to how it was but now Ash is his... girlfriend? He's really not sure.

The drive to the airport feels short, much shorter than it should. When they arrive Techno finds a place to park and then they grab Ranboo's things and head inside. He has a little over an hour until his plane leaves, meaning they don't have much time left together.

Together Ash and Ranboo stand in the lobby area of the airport, Techno giving them their space. The air feels thick and heavy almost like it's getting hard to breath.

"Come here," Ranboo whispers holding his arms out. Ash collapses into his chest her arms grasping at the back on his shirt. Her eyes sting with tears that she lets roll down her cheeks and end up on Ranboo's shirt. "I love you," he says rubbing her back gently.