Chapter 5

TW ~ Alcohol

TW ~ Alcohol

"Who thinks I can fit 15 marshmallows in my mouth?" The question comes abruptly from Ranboo while him, Ash and Tubbo are in a call on stream. They've been messing around on the DreamSMP for a while, and it's now early in the morning for all of them.

"You're a hazard to society," Tubbo responds.

"And a coward," Ash says calmly before yelling. "DO TWENTY!"

"I AM NOT A COWARD!" Ranboo yells back and they both start laughing.

"Stop flirting," Tubbo says chasing after Ash in game and hitting her. This causes her to start cuss him out loudly and behind her the door opens. She slowly spins around in her chair and smiles at Techno as he stands there."

"Keep bullying him. Make me proud." The two boys on the other end of the call erupt in laughter.

"You're a piece of shit Tubbo." Ash says as she logs out of the game. She cracks her knuckles, "Ranboo are you going to stay live?"

"Uh- I don't think so."

"Okay, I'll be right back." She quickly deafens to talk to her chat. "Alright chat, I'm going to end here. Thank for coming and being swag. See you probably tomorrow!" She waves at her camera before raiding someone and ending.

When she comes back, Ranboo is gone so she talks to Tubbo for a few minutes before he comes back. When he does Tubbo lets them know he's heading off.

"Goodnight Tubbo," Ash says quietly. Her on stream personality isn't much different than offline. She just doesn't feel like she has to try as hard to impress anyone.

"Bye guys," he says and leaves the call.

"And then there was two," Ranboo says and Ash softly laughs.

"Guess you're right." She responds quietly. Ash begins to pick up some of the glasses littering her room and hums quietly to fill the silence.

Across the country Ranboo lays his head down on his desk, tired but not ready to leave the call. These are his favorite moments with her, with no one watching, no one to judge them or speculate about their every move.

The other end of call goes silent, she's stopped humming.

"Are you okay?" Ranboo asks.

"Uh- yeah. I'm okay," she says seeming distracted. Theres some shuffling noises from the other end of the call. "Do you believe in soulmates Ranboo?" Ash asks quietly.

After a moment of silence he responds, "Yeah I think so. It makes a lot sense that some people are perfect for each other. Platonic and romantically."

"Thank you," her voice practically a whisper.

"For what?"

"Being my friend."

~~~