TWENTY I| "This is disastrous,"

EDIT X

Ava

"What?!" I shout into the phone.

"The guy doesn't want to stay with me any longer, he clearly has something important to get to at home," he whisper yells back.

"You had one job! That's literally all I gave you to do!" This absolutely useless fool! Sighing deeply I shake my head, "fine I'll do it myself, just stay with him and keep me updated," ending the call, I open my chat with Kai.

Kaiiii!!
Please can you get something for me? Yes? Great, thank you!
I heard this new place is selling PANDA DONUTS!! PLEASE FIND THEM FOR ME🥺

That should do it, I hope they don't actually exist... My phone buzzes with Kai asking from where exactly but, I decide to ignore him and continue.

"Rhys, the banner is bent," I point, Rhys tries looking back from the ladder but doesn't seem convinced.

"Seems alright," I hear him say, before going to the back to find Aiden getting the cake out the oven.

I gasp, slowly walking over to him, "Aiden... Is the cake supposed to be this dark?"

Putting the cake down on the counter he looks up at me confused, "yes? Definitely, it's chocolate cake,"

My brows furrow as I shake my head, "no... It's not,"

Aiden stares at the cake blankly before stating, "well it is now,"

Sighing loudly, I slouch against the counter, "Aiden! Why is everyone suddenly so useless, let's just use one of the cake from the shops, I give up,"

"Don't worry, I'll fix it," I hear him say, leaving it to him, I make my way back to the front where Rhys was blowing balloons, filling the shop floor with pastel colour balloons.

I decide to join Rhys and help him, to speed up the process because I'm pretty sure Kai will give up at some point.

Rhys turns to me, while tying the balloon, "you know relationships seem a lot of work. Ava, I'm surprised you've lasted this long, is there something wrong with Kai...?"

Offending I smack Rhys, "rude! I'm a catch, thank you very much, he's lucky to have me," I huff, throwing the balloons in the middle, "and the only time I ever put effort is during birthdays and anniversaries, that's the only two occasions I have energy for," Valentine's Day? What's that? Don't know her...

After a few more balloons we were done, "let's go check on Aiden and see what he's done with the cake," I suggest, walking to back with Rhys this time.

"Wow," I gasp, staring in awe at the cream cake, "you can't even tell it's burnt on the inside, nice job Aiden,"

Aiden nods, "it's not that burnt, you can still eat it," I hum in response, of course.

Aiden looks up only to stare in confusion at something behind me, "what are-" before he could even finish his sentence the room was suddenly white. I cough, waving my hand around trying to see through the smokey air, "Rhys?! What did you do?"

The air clears a little only to reveal Rhys standing there stunned with a open container in his hand and face completely covered in powder, "I just wanted to see what was inside..." he slowly responds, white smoke coming out as he speaks.