Chapter 6

Chapter 6: No Strings Attached

It had been two days since the night Kylo kicked you out. You couldn't sleep that night. Not because you were mad or sad, it was because you were confused. It seemed that you were making progress with Kylo but apparently not. He was like a Rubik cube. You never were able to figure out how to solve a Rubik's cube.

If you weren't already stressed enough, Sarah was moving out that day. After being with Armitage for three years, he finally proposed to her. The night you came back from being with Kylo, Sarah gave you all the details. He took her to this garden that they had their first date at. There were lights to help them see, flowers everywhere and the grass a perfect green. Her ring was oval cut, just like she wanted. Though you would never tell anyone, you dreamed of a proposal that was perfect. But with the way things were going that night Kylo, you knew it wasn't going to be with him. No matter how hard you wished.

"Are you sure you're okay with this?" Sarah asked you while putting together more cardboard boxes. 

You nodded your head yes. "As your best friend, it's my duty to make sure you're as happy as possible. You've dreamed about this since your first date with Armitage. I'm not gonna be the one to take that away from you."

"And that's why you'll always be my best friend," she smiled. "You know what I'm really excited for?"

"What?" you said while running over to the kitchen to grab some duct tape.

"Renovating the whole house. Armitage is going to be furious with me, but I can not live in that house. Everything's so dark but it's not even a cute dark it's a tacky dark. There's so many changes I need to make."

"He's gonna love that." you joked. "So, what do you want to start with first? The closet or your bedroom?"

"Closet, obviously." Sarah replied.

The both of you walked into her closet. She had a bigger closet and bedroom than you, but that's only because you didn't have enough clothes to fill the whole space. Sarah started to grab jeans from her drawers so you followed after her. Sarah owned a lot of jeans so two whole boxes were dedicated just for them. It wasn't compared to the amount of boxes she had for dresses. It took forever for the both of you to finish her closet since there were her tops, jewelry, makeup, etc. to go through.  

"What in the bedroom do you want to take?" you asked her.

"To be honest, just stuff personalized to me. Besides that, I don't need the bed sheets or anything like that." you nodded your head. "I do want to talk to you about something though."

You sat down on her bed. "What's up?"

She sighed while sitting on the bed. "As much as I am happy that I'm moving in with Armitage. I'm going to miss you like crazy. I mean you're my best friend. I can't let go of you that easily. Last night while I was trying to fall asleep, I did kind of get jealous. The thought of you finding a new roommate and becoming best friends with whoever they are, it does hurt my heart a little. So can you promise me something?"