Chapter 12

Chapter 12: No Strings Attached

It was already September. August had gone by so fast. Though you tried to live without a roommate because the thought of living with anyone besides Sarah didn't feel right, you needed a roommate. It was lonely living by yourself. You thought about a dog but it wouldn't be fair to the dog since you didn't have a yard for them to play in.

You had no clue how to find a roommate so you tried to push it to the side as much as you could. One morning you were grabbing coffee when you met this girl named Lea. She was French, extremely French. You accidentally spilled your coffee on her so you started crying. She yelled at you to shut up, sat you down at a table and ordered you another coffee. She asked you why you were so hysterical and you explained that your best friend recently moved out and you were lonely. She didn't respond but took you to a cab and told you to say your address. She went to your apartment with you and said, "I guess you have a new roommate." It's already been three weeks since she's moved in.

The next day she moved all her stuff in and the two of you have been inseparable. Normally you wouldn't move in with some random person you met at a coffee shop. Every now and then you wonder if you made a mistake but Lea keeps proving that it was one of the best decisions you ever made. She was hilarious and very blunt. She scared you a little bit but you still felt like you could tell her everything that you wanted to.

Lea worked as an art curator at her own gallery. Her gallery was called La nuit porte conseil (The Night Brings Advice). It was very popular amongst the young creative scene. The second day you had known her, she took you to the gallery.

Every single painting was hers. She said that it wouldn't be her gallery if it wasn't filled with her paintings.

There wasn't enough room in the apartment for her to paint besides the living room which she refused to use as her painting room because it wasn't free enough for her, so she went to her gallery everyday to paint.

She had a boyfriend named Liam. Today you were going to meet him. You were quite nervous but apparently he was supposed to be the complete opposite of Lea. She described him as shy and quiet but it was really hard to picture Lea with someone like that.

"Are you nervous?" Lea asked you while setting the dining room table.

You nodded your head. "A little but he can't be that bad if you're with him."

Lea laughed. "He's not, I promise. Liam's a really good guy, it's just hard to get through to him sometimes. He wouldn't hurt a fly though. I'm glad I met him, he balances me out. And he's Australian so it's really a win win."

The doorbell rang.

"I'll get it." Lea said.

She walked over slowly to the door and opened it. You saw a very tall man, light brown hair, bright blue eyes, dressed in a nice sweater and jeans. He looked like he might be a part of The Royal Family, just Australian.

"Hi sweetheart." he said, his strong Australian accent coming through. He looked at you. "You must be Y/N, I've heard a lot about you." Slowly he walked into the apartment giving Lea a bouquet of flowers. "Where can I sit?"