Chapter 2

August Part 2

The next morning you woke up to the smell of pancakes in the air. You flipped over onto your back trying to settle into reality before slipping on your hippo slippers and walking to the kitchen. Sarah was cooking pancakes for breakfast, and of course she was up before you. You walked over to the kitchen table slowly still trying to regain your strength and grabbed a pan from under the stove. Your phone dinged in the kitchen while you were making breakfast. On your screen it showed a notification from Instagram. It showed a post from the newest person you've followed, Kylo Ren. He was on a yacht with his whatever she was Chloe, drinking champagne with her. You liked the photo and turned your phone off continuing to make your eggs and bacon. Once they were done, you put them on to the two plates and sat down on one of the chairs waiting for Sarah to finish.

"Good morning" she said, placing pancakes on your plate.

"Good morning" you said, grabbing the syrup.

"Are you excited for your modeling audition today?" Sarah asked.

You nodded your head yes. "I'm nervous but excited. I really need this job so hopefully it goes well."

While pouring maple syrup on your pancakes, your phone dinged again. You screwed the cap onto the syrup bottle and looked at the notification. There were two text messages. One was an unknown number that said "Hey". You ignored it thinking it was just some person that got the wrong number. The other one was from your sister Rey.

Rey 8:43 a.m.

Hey, let's meet for lunch somewhere.

You 8:45 a.m.

Ok. Is everything okay?

Rey 8:45 a.m.

Yeah, everything's fine. Just wanted to have a little lunch and catch up.

You 8:46 a.m.

Let's meet at Arthur's Cafe at 12. Ok? I can't stay too long though, I have a modeling audition at 4.

Rey 8:46 a.m.

Alright see you there.

Rey was currently working at your father's law firm back in Boston. She had texted you two weeks ago that she would be staying for a month because her fiances' family lives in New York but more in the countryside. They were staying at his parents house for their whole trip which allowed you to meet his family for the first time. You had known John for quite a while, but you had never met his family.

Sarah was almost already done eating her pancakes while facetiming Armitage by the time you finished texting Rey. It was like they couldn't be apart for more than an hour or else they would die. You sat back down trying to keep quiet so Sarah could finish her call but by the time you finished eating, she was in her room trying on dresses for him. You headed back into your bedroom and took off your clothes so you could take a shower.

The warm steamy water poured onto your skin and wetted your hair. You slithered some soap onto your scalp and massaged it in while the rest of the soap slid down to the floor to get washed away into the drain. After finishing up with the rest of your shower, you turned off the water and wrapped a towel around you. Walking into your bedroom again you eyed the perfect floral dress to wear to lunch with Rey.