Chapter 17

Chapter 17: No Strings Attached

It gets really cold in New York during the fall so usually your whole wardrobe changes accordingly. More jeans, sweatpants, scarves, sweaters etc. It's October and everyone is starting to get into their Halloween spirit. You still haven't decided what you want to be. A couple of options were Velma from Scooby Doo or Padme from Star Wars. You were leaning towards Padme because you liked her a lot. She loved purely, she was brave and cared about the people around her even if they were someone trying to destroy everything around themselves.

All the stores started putting up pumpkin decorations, there was the occasional super scary store, and people running down the streets dressed up like clowns looking like fools. You liked Halloween a lot, but not as much as Christmas. And partly the only reason you liked Halloween was because it meant the holiday season was coming up.

To cheer yourself up you bought some cheap cute Halloween decorations to decorate your apartment with. It lifted your spirits but mostly made you forget about all the bad things that were happening in your life. You kept applying to jobs but hadn't heard back from any yet. It was getting close to the point where you had to start thinking about moving back in with your parents.

You were currently on your way to the bank to take out a loan for this month's rent. You had experience with loans, especially with college but you dreaded taking them out. Thankfully Kylo had taken care of all the debt you were in from college which lifted your hopes about the bank accepting you but there was still a good chance they'd turn you away since you were unemployed.

The line was long since it was early in the morning. You stood there patiently with AirPods in your ears. You were listening to your stop being depressed playlist to help yourself get into a better mood. A lot of people kept staring at you and you wondered why until you realized that you were subtly swaying your hips from side to side. In embarrassment, you stopped and looked around hoping no one else was looking at you. It took probably twenty minutes for it to finally be your turn.

"Hi, how may I help you?" the woman said across the glass.

"Hi, I filled out an application to take out a loan a while ago and I was wondering to get an update on that?"

"Of course, what's your name, date of birth, bank account number, and social security number?"

"Y/N Y/L/N, **/**/****, **********, and *********."

"Okay, it looks like you just got a transaction put in this morning from Mr. Ren. Are you sure you still want to go through with the loan?"

What? "How much was the transaction?"

"100,000 miss."

"Is there any sort of note or message with it?"

"No ma'am. It's just the money."

You nodded your head slowly. "Oh okay."

"Would you still like to take out the loan?"