Chapter 4

Chapter 4: No Strings Attached

"Ok so what exactly are we doing today?" you asked Kylo while stuffing your mouth with your perfectly cooked heart shaped pancakes.

Earlier in the morning, the two of you had headed back to Kylo's personal penthouse. You knew that you weren't supposed to be there but Kylo had told you on the drive that it was an exception until you found your little spot. So, until then, you and Kylo were eating pancakes in his kitchen next to the staircase.

"We are going on vacation," he answered, pouring hot syrup on his regular circle pancakes.

"That sounds fun but before we get into that, I'm telling you, you should've told me to make you some sort of special shape," you told him purposely avoiding contact with the pancakes on his white plate.

"It's not my fault you wanted your pancakes to be special," Kylo replied, taking a bite of his breakfast while reading the morning newspaper.

You started to eat your pancakes once you were done serving Kylo. He had offered for his private chef to cook but you said you wanted to instead. "I didn't know you read the newspaper," you told Kylo.

Kylo took his time chewing before answering, "I read it occasionally."

Looking over your shoulder you saw him reading an article titled Kylo Ren on a Date Gets a Special Surprise. Underneath the title was a photo of the exact same thing you saw two nights ago, the explosion.

You fully turned around, walking over to Kylo and placing your hand on his shoulder. "Kylo, what is that?"

He put the newspaper down, stood up and turned towards you, cupping your cheeks with his hands. "Nothing for you to worry about, just some nosey people trying to make money."

"Are you sure? It has a picture of the explosion." you tried to keep the conversation going. 

Kylo let go of your face and sat back down while you stayed next to him. "Trust me, if I thought it was a big deal, I would've done something about it by now."

"How do I know you already haven't?" you asked.

"You don't know, and I don't plan on telling you." he responded, his tone firm.

You looked at him confused. "Oh, thanks." Even though it was definite that Kylo wanted to let it go, you didn't want to. "What exactly happened?"

"When the time is right, and if I feel like I should, you'll know everything about me, but for now, you're just going to have to trust me," he replied.

"Am I going to know everything about you within the next year?" you asked.

"No."

"Oh ok," you replied, kissing his cheek. "Do you want me to take your plate?" Anything to try to ease the tension and stress from what he had just said.