In My Arms

Reiner takes your hand, holding it tightly as the group steps into the busy streets of Trost. People hurry past you as you look down at the three little kids being carefully watched by your partners.

"Now remember, stay with us at all times. If you can't see your buddy at any point, find the nearest one of us, or person wearing the symbol on your wrist band," Erwin says, standing on the other side of Bertolt as he holds Levi's hand.

Bertolt nods to him, standing close to Levi. Annie hovers near the two of them, Hange holding her hand as she glances around at people walking past. You shrink closer to Mike's side, glancing around at the crowd as you start to walk. Taking the silent hint, Mike rests his hand on the small of your back, a comforting gesture that helps keep you grounded.

"Where to first?" he hums, looking down at you and Reiner as you walk behind Levi and Erwin.

"We should get them clothes first, so they don't have to wear the scouts emergency clothes," Levi states, guiding the group down a separate street. Thankfully this one is less busy, allowing you to breathe a little bit more.

"Good idea, Levi. We should probably get them something with the Scouts logo on it, so they know where to bring them back to if they get lost," Hange says, looking down to Annie, "Not that you'd let them get lost miss Serious," they chuckle as Annie shakes her head, continuing to watch Reiner and Bertolt.

"They're idiots. They'll just get lost without me," Annie grumbles, reaching out and taking Reiner's hand.

"Hey! I'm not an idiot! You are!" Reiner protests, sticking his tongue out at her.

Annie gives him a look that could equate to a grumpy cat as she shakes her head.

A chuckle escapes your lips at their interaction, watching as Bertolt looks back at them with his bottom-lip stuck out in a pout.

"Guys, don't fight please," he pleads, drawing the attention of Erwin and Levi as Levi's reaching for a shop door.

"Safe it for the barracks, brats," Levi grumbles, pushing open the door, "Don't upset Bertolt."

"He started it!"

"She started it!"

You shake your head, walking into the tiny shop as Mike holds the door open for you. It's a quiet shop, with child-sized mannequins dotting the room to display various outfits that are deconstructed in bulk next to them.

"Come on, let's find you three some clothes before the short-stack has an aneurysm," Hange laughs as they guide Annie over to one of the display mannequins.

You crouch down to Reiner's level, Mike standing next to you as he looks around.
"You can pick out anything you want in this shop, okay? And if you behave, we'll get ice cream before we return to the barracks," you offer, smiling at the small blond boy as he stares at you with wide eyes.

"Promise?" he whispers quietly, wide eyes staring at you with his eyebrows furrowed upwards, his mouth slightly parted.

You nod your head in confirmation.
"I swear on my honour," you assure him, reaching out and ruffling his hair.

He let's out a small, melodic giggle at the gesture, stepping forwards and wrapping his arms around your midsection. You pull your arms around him, holding him close as he grins into your shirt.

"Carry me?" he asks quietly, looking up at you with a bright smile.

"Alrighty, up we go," you chuckle, picking him up by the waist and adjusting him so he sits on your hip.