Conflicted

*Chapter 4* 

-Sasori's P.O.V-

Ever since my parents died from a mission, I came to realize that I'm always alone. My grandma, Chiyo baa-sama, was always busy advising the councils of the Sand village. Even when she taught me the art of puppetry, the puppets I made of mother and father still could not fill the hole in my heart. After that, people started judging my parents for being weak and me, the abandoned child. 

The reality came crashing down on me like hard rain.

"I...I just can't leave you alone, Sasori. So please don't leave me alone." The white hair girl from my class, Kivi, cried as she wrapped her arms around me. I was surprised by the unfamiliar action. How long has it been since someone last touched me? I honestly couldn't remember. Her body was so warm and fragile, it made me want to cherish her presence.

She let me go as I turned around to study her crying face but she hid her face with her beautiful white bangs. She kept shaking but I just stood there till she calmed down.

"Sasori," She whispered with that sweet voice of hers. "Don't leave me alone." 

Kivi had been trying to hard to get close to me recently, it almost seemed like I was dreaming. Every adult had warned their child to avoid me and I'm sure Kivi's parents told her that too but she just kept coming back like a rebound ball.

I sighed, "I won't. So, what am I suppose to take responsibility of?" Kivi stiffened before her face started changing into different shades of red. "I-I'm lost."

"So?" I asked. Kivi puffed her cheeks at my question. My heart suddenly skipped a beat. She's so cute. Kivi didn't say anything but I can tell she was embarrassed for following me. I sighed again, "I can bring you back home but your parents might not want to see me with you." 

"Then, I could stay over at your place." Kivi firmly suggested. A smile escaped from my lips with disbelief. "Aren't you being a little too easy?" From that, Kivi finally realized what she just said. She brought both her hands up and covered her mouth. I tried to keep my expression neutral as I grabbed one of her wrists. "You asked for it." I pulled her with me and dragged her back home. 

"Sa-Sasori, I was just joking!" Kivi struggled a little but I can tell that she wanted to come. "Didn't you say you wanted to know me better?" I silenced her with that question and tried to avoid people from seeing us together.

"We're here." I announced as we reached my door step. "Sorry for intruding." Kivi muttered." I turned to her slightly, "Don't bother. No one's home." That's right, no one was ever home. Chiyo baa-sama only comes home till late at night and gone in the early morning. Kivi gave me a sad look which I shunned off. I don't need her pity. 

We entered my room and Kivi sat on the floor as I sat on my bed, staring at her. She looked around my room with curiousity. "Your room is so neat, Sasori. I can hardly believe this is a boy's room." Kivi giggled before smiling at me. I felt my heart reacted to her smile but again, I shook the feeling off. 

Kivi continued to study my room as I stared at her. I only brought her here for one reason - To rid her, to make her scared enough to leave me alone so that no one will look at her the same way they look at me. "You really are being too easy, Kivi." She gave me an innocent look. "What do you mean?" 

"Entering a boy's room like that and you didn't even realized I locked the door." I shot. She turned to check and looked at me again. "I trust you, Sasori." Trust? She really is an idiot.

Her eyes suddenly landed on a photo frame I placed on top of my bed frame. It's a picture of mother and father when I was still a kid. Kivi, subconsciously got up and climbed onto my bed. "Is that your mom and dad?" She asked. She studied the photo, "You have your dad's hair, Sasori! And your mom's eyes." Kivi murmured to herself. She began to reach out for the photo and my hand suddenly reacted by itself.

My hand grabbed hold of one of Kivi's wrists and turned her around before pushing her down onto my bed. "Don't! Touch the picture!" I snarled at her. Kivi's eyes widened, fear creeping into her eyes. Good. 

"I'm sorry." She whimpered. 

I grabbed both her wrists now and pinned her to my bed. I hated that word. "Sorry? What do you people know what 'sorry' is? My parents are heroes and not weak cowards who simple died from a mission! Do you think you people ever felt 'Sorry' for them?!" I raised my voice a little as her eyes started tearing up. 

"I-" Kivi was going to say something but I interrupted her. "What do you all know about me? You people don't even know how I feel. Must you all lose your parents to understand what it's like to be alone?!" Somehow, my true feelings came pouring out like waterfalls.

"Sa-Sasori, you're hurting me." Kivi whimpered. Hearing that, my mind started clearing up and I looked at her as I continued to pin her down. Tears threatened her big black eyes, her face flushed and her breathing was a little unstable. My heart skipped a beat again. Why is this happening? 

I let her go and sat up, letting my hair covered my face as she sat up slowly. "Sasori." Her voice squeaked a little. I remained quiet as I sort my feelings out. "Sasori." She called me again. 

"Sasori." This time she took my head into her chest and held me close. So warm.

I closed my eyes as she stroked my hair. "You're right. I don't know what you'd felt when you lost your parents. I don't understand how it's like to be alone and judged. I've kept thinking of what I can do for you, Sasori. What can I do to make you feel better?"

What is she talking about?

"I want to be by your side, Sasori. I want to be your friend." She whispered as she kept stroking my hair. I felt her head rest on mine. Our hair mixed with each other's.

I lifted my head to look at her, one of my hand cupped her cheek. Kivi looked surprised at my action as I brought our faces closer to each other. "Sasori?" Kivi whispered my name.  

I can't pushed her away anymore. 

*A/N*

Hiiii! OMG! Sasori's POV! In here, I'm trying to make him as cold hearted and a little bit of a flirt here but he'll become more....cold when the story continues ^^ Anyway, remember when I said that this story has nothing to do with the anime? I'm not so sure right now but I'll see what my future self decides to do!