Danger

*Chapter 10*

*Kivi's POV*

Chiyo baa-sama guided me to their bathroom and helped me cleaned up my wounds. We did not say anything to each other for awhile until Chiyo baa-sama broke the silence. "Thank you." She whispered and I turned to look at her. "Thank you for saving Sasori." Hearing that, I smiled weakly and nodded, "You're welcome, Chiyo baa-sama." I looked down at my hands, restlessly. My mind shut the outside world out as my thoughts conflicted with each other. I just got disowned by my Father. I got kicked out of my clan. I'm partially blind. But all this is for Sasori. It's worth it. Right?

After healing my wounds with her medical ninjutsu, Chiyo baa-sama stood up. "I have to report to the Kazekage about this matter. Feel free to roam around the house." She looked at me for a while before leaving. The loneliness got to me and I clutched my head, tears threatening my eyes as my head kept screaming 'No'. My crystals subconsciously came to life and surrounded me like it has a mind on it's own; It shrouded my screams and gave me familiar warmth before all my strength was drained away.

I commanded my crystals to die down as I took my time to dress myself. My mask was still with me and I hesitantly secured it on my face. I opened the door and stepped out into the unfamiliar environment. I walked around aimlessly till my legs stopped me at a particular closed door. It's Sasori's room. I stared at the door before hanging my head and left. My mind is in a mess right not and I'm not sure what I should do. I need someone to tell me the answers, to guide me like how Father always had.

All the wondering had brought me up to the rooftop and playing the Kagura song in my head, my body took charge and danced to the music. "Kivi!" I snapped out of it and realized that my crystal had created a dome around me to protect me from the sandstorm that happened every night in the Sand Village. I turned around to see a hunched puppet behind me and a scream escaped my mouth, remembering the puppet that cost me to lose my right eye.

"Kivi, it's me! Sasori!" Hearing Sasori's voice inside the puppet, I calmed down. "I came here to get you. Hurry up and go back in!" Sasori shouted over the raging sandstorm. I nodded and hurriedly follow Sasori back into the house. As we returned into the house, we ended up in Sasori's room again. He got out of the puppet and looked rather annoyed at the sand that jammed the puppet's joints. "Sasori." I called out to him as I stood at the doorway. "Huh?" He turned to look at me, still annoyed. Another side of Sasori, I thought to myself. 

"I'm sorry." I murmured. He sat down on the bed and crossed his legs, "Forget it. I'll fixed him later." I nodded as I hid my face with my fringe. We remained silent for awhile before I walked towards Sasori and felt his body tensed. Did he remember what we did in his room 6 months ago? I fell to my knees in front of him and wrapped my arms around his waist. "Sasori." I whispered. He did not do anything as he let me stay like that. 

*Sasori's POV*

Kivi rest her head on my lap as she hugged me. A mischievous smile escaped my lips and I'm surprised that I could get my hands on Kivi so quickly without having to get rid of her father. I even managed to witness Kivi's crystal techniques twice, the excitement in me keeps making me smile. But whoever set up the explosion was crafty enough to use on of my puppets to frame me and even broke a part of Kivi. I set a goal in my mind to rid him or her when I find out who did it. 

I gently lifted up Kivi's head and removed the mask from her face. Her surprised expression remained as she looked at me. I cupped her cheek and brushed my thumb across her right eye. "Sasori?" I noticed her lower lip quivered. I reached my hand into my pocket and pulled out the puppet eye I was working on. It's not realistic enough, I can't replace her blinded eye with this. A tsked escaped my lips as Kivi looked at me before looking at the eye in my hand then back at me again. 

She smiled at me with teary eyes and took the eye from me. "Crystal technique: King's touch." She whispered. The eye steadily shone and the fake wooden texture turned clear white and it looked almost like a real human eye. "Sasori, can you help me fix my eye?" She asked. Another smile escaped my lips. I can't hold myself back anymore. 

I took her hand and guided her into my work room. She gazed at the rolls and rolls of puppets in the room. "Some of them are for the ninjas of the Sand Village." I explained. She turned around and gave me a relieved smile. My heart reacted to her smile but I shook it off and hurriedly took her hand, guiding her to one of the table. 

"Lay here." I instructed and she nodded. "Sasori," She called out to me as I grabbed my equipment. "Please make it as quick and painless as possible." Kivi tried to look brave but I can tell that she was scared of it and I don't want her to change her mind. I got my stuff and tied her down, just in case. 

I began to remove her eye and as expected, she screamed in pain. Her hands clenched the table so hard her knuckles turned white. I grabbed a towel and stuffed it into her mouth. "Bite on it." I said, trying to keep everything as smooth as possible. I know the basic to making a human puppet is to kill her first but I'm not ready to turn her into a perfect puppet yet. 

Kivi tried her best not to struggle and squirmed from the pain as I brought my knife near her eye again. This time her crystals reacted and took form. Like a giant claw, it tried to grab me but I jumped a few distance back and the crystal claw retracted. Kivi looked exhausted and panted as the cloth fell out of her mouth. 

Suddenly, the door opened and Chiyo baa-sama rushed in, her face filled with panic and fear. "Sasori, what are you trying to do?" I looked at her, calmly. "Kivi wanted me to fix her eye for her." Kivi turned towards her and nodded, standing up for me again. Chiyo baa-sama expression softened slightly as she got Kivi out of the table. "Sasori, you're not allow to do that. You don't know anything about medical ninjutsu." As she dragged Kivi out of the room, I clenched my fists and the eye in my hand shattered into pieces. 

*A/N*

Hello! Sorry for the cliffhanger XD I was busy with my portfolio and everything was so crazy the past few days but I'm back! So it's time to start writing stories again! I've also planned to write a story that has been on my mind too ^^