Misunderstanding Pt. 2

I can't helped but trembled. How much has he seen?

"Sa-Sosari? What are you doing here?" I asked, then immediately realized that it might not be the right question to ask right now, I'll just look guilty for something I didn't do. Sasori's expression hardened and it reminds me of the time when we were still strangers, my heart sank. His face was completely expressionless and his stare was ice cold.

"I was waiting for you at home but I got tired of waiting. I came to find you." He glanced at Takahara. "But I guess you're busy with something else." His words were like poison and I gently pushed through Takahara and limped towards Sasori as he turned his back towards me. Please don't turn your back to me!

"Sasori! It was nothing! Takahara and I weren't doing anything." But he wasn't listening, he just kept walking away. I heard Takahara tsked behind me and quickly walked towards Sasori and grabbed him by his shirt. "Oi! Won't you listen to her for a second, you cocky bastard?!" Takahara growled while Sasori just stared down at him. "Let me go." Sasori simply said.

"Then I'll have you listen to me!" Takahara ignored him and grabbed Sasori's shirt even tighter and shook him once. "Takahara, don't." I cried but he ignored me and continued to stare straight at Sasori in the eyes.

"Look, I am the one who pushed myself onto her. I professed my feelings to her but...she rejected me, alright?! Just because of her feelings for someone pathetic like you!" Takahara yelled but Sasori's expression didn't waver a single bit.

Both of them glared at each other before Sasori slapped Takahara's hand away. "Pathetic." He muttered before walking home. I stared at Sasori's back for the longest time before crumpling to the ground, not knowing that Takahara had came to my side, gently burying my head on his chest.

I went home after I calmed down. Takahara left me alone to walk home but I could feel him staring at me before I was out of his sight. Chiyo-baasama wasn't home as usual and I tore off my shoes and ran straight to Sasori's room, dragging my injured leg. He wasn't there so I took off to his work room. All the running has totally messed up my hair that I've specially tied up for today and the wound on my leg started bleeding again, I feel so pathetic that I couldn't stop the tears from running down my cheeks.

I stopped at the door and I held my breath as I knocked on the door three times. "Sasori?"I whispered. No answer. So I called him out again but for the third time that I called him, I just pushed his door open, knowing that he would be mad at me for doing it but I just need to talk to him. "Sasori?" 

"I thought I told you that I don't like people to come in!" Sasori growled as he worked on the joints of a puppet. I flinched at the tone of his voice. We were suppose to have a date today. Why did it turn out like this?

"Sasori, I just want to talk to you." I pleaded.

"I'm busy."

"About today, there's nothing going on between Takahara and I. I only love you, Sasori." No response. "I was all alone before but meeting you is the best moment of my life and before I knew it I can't just leave you alone, Sasori." I used the words that I had used back then, hoping that Sasori will remember how much he means to me even when we're just mere strangers.

But all he did was work on his puppet. I stood there as tears flowed down my cheeks. I bit my lip to silence my whimpering. I hate this! "I don't care anymore, Kivi." Finally, he turned around and looked right at me. His eyes narrowed at the sight of my messed up appearance before his eyes landed on my wounded leg. "You're broken." He said, the look of annoyance in his eyes and bells were ringing in my head.

"I'm not broken, Sasori! I was just injured from today's mission." I explained. "I think I almost got killed today." I let out a pathetic laugh.

"I don't ne-"

"Please!" I cut him off, knowing what he was going to say. "Please don't say you don't need me anymore, Sasori." I whimpered, my voice caught in my throat and I had no choice but to cough them out. "I need you."

I fell to the floor and covered my face with my hands. Sasori, as usual, sat there and looked at me. "I'm...not...broken." I sobbed, pleading him with my heart. "Get out, Kivi." He said. I flinched, staring at my hands as I got them away from my face. The words that Sasori said to me just won't process in my head as my tears stopped from shock.

I stood up, my body felt like a shell. I feel empty and if anyone were to touch me now, I would break. "Okay." I whispered and dragged myself out of the room. I let my legs guide me to where ever they want to go.

I opened a door and stepped out into the familiar sand again.

*Sasori's POV*

I stared at where Kivi had sat. She was hurt again and I wanted to reached out to her but I couldn't. I felt betrayed when I saw with my own eyes what Kivi and that clown, Takahara were doing together. This is why I hate waiting for people! A single second of being late only leads to suspicion of betrayal. Just like how I've waited for my parents to come home for so long but they never did, they left me here and betrayed their promise to me.

"I don't need her." I told myself. An image of her injured leg came into my mind. "She's broken too." 

Get out, Kivi. My own words echoed into my head and the look on Kivi's face stayed flashed before my eyes. I clenched my fists so hard that my knuckles turned white.

I looked at the puppet that I was working on. It was suppose to help me track down the person who hurt my Kivi but it doesn't matter anymore. I banged my fists on the table hard and lowered my head. "It doesn't matter anymore! It doesn't matter anymore!" With one swift swipe, I threw the puppet out of my work table.

I turned back to where Kivi had sat, my breathing ragged. There were drops of blood on the ground and remembered that Kivi said something about her almost getting killed. Again?

"It doesn't matter." I said through my teeth. My heart is beating so fast that even breathing hurts. It matters.

I quickly grabbed my puppet that I threw from the floor and placed it back on my table before running out of the room.

Kivi, I'm sorry.

*Kivi's POV*

I wasn't sure how long I've been walking and have no clue where I'm going. All I know is that, I've got to get away. 

How is it that Sasori's words could hurt me so much? How is it that I could give up on my promise I made to Father because of Sasori? How is it that my heart is hurting so much from something I have already predicted? Someone, please tell me.

My feet stopped when someone in front of me blocked my way. 

"Kivi?"

*A/N*

Hi, everyone! Sorry, I haven't been posting! I am so busy right now because school is sucking up all my time!!! But I'll do my best and complete the story for you, peeps! 

I might also be ending the story soon ^^