Chapter 1

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP.  

            I rolled over in my bed and slapped the snooze bar on my alarm clock. I lazily sat up and rubbed my eyes and yawned. I swung my legs to the floor next to bed and slowly walked to bathroom. I peeled off my pj’s and started the shower, the hot water felt amazing on my shivering body. I finished taking my shower and waddled to my dresser, took out a pair of black Nike sweatpants, and a Lakers t-shirt. I threw my hair in a ponytail and walked upstairs from my bedroom in the basement, up to the kitchen where my mom was making me and my brother pancakes.

My name is Kat Love. Yes, my name is Kat, it’s short for Katharine but I hate my full name and the name Katie so I go by Kat. I’m 5’2” with long brown hair that reaches my butt, and I have bright grey eyes. I have a twin brother named Blake. He is such an asshole it’s not even funny sometimes. My parents are divorced and my dad just recently got out of jail for drugs. I don’t speak to him because I’m embarrassed of his actions. My mom is my life. I wouldn’t be able to function without her, she does everything for me. My favorite thing (besides my mom) is baseball. I know what you’re thinking: You’re a girl! You’re supposed to play softball, not baseball. Yes, I played softball my whole life, but it will never take my big. Have you ever heard of someone famous like Roberto Clemente, who was a girl softball player? Me either. That’s my dream, to be a major league baseball player. Blake’s dream is to be a major league football player. Football is his life, his love. Brady has long, shaggy brown hair and matching grey eyes like mine. He’s 6’2” and has a stocky build. Yeah, we’re very different. I have 2 best friends; ok they’re my only friends.

Brady has been with me my whole life. He’s my favorite person; we’ve been through everything together. He has long blonde, like Blake, and bright blue eyes. He’s 6’3” and plays baseball like me. He’s actually a lot like Blake, an ass. My other best friend is Chloe. Chloe is beautiful with her blonde hair and brown highlights and vibrate green eyes. She could get all the guys at our school if she wanted too. We’re both different but we go way back and I love her so much. She’s also a cheerleader, not my thing. And I play softball, not her thing. Back to the story!        

            “Good morning, honey!” my mom greeted me when I walked into the kitchen. My brother was sitting at the island in our kitchen eating pancakes like no tomorrow. “Your pancakes are almost ready just a few more seconds.”

            “Ok thanks mom” I said giving her my best good daughter smile even though I am half awake.

            “First day of freshman year and you’re going dressed like that?” she said giving me a look.

            “Well, yeah, I didn’t think I needed to dress up. It’s only the first day of school mom.”

            “Go put some jeans on at least. Then you’ll get your pancakes.” She said smiling.

            “Mom-“

            “No buts! Go.” She said shooing me downstairs. I went to my closet and picked out my favorite black jeans. I took off my nice warm sweatpants and pulled on my jeans. I ran up the steps two at a time into the kitchen and sat down as soon as my mom placed my pancakes in front of me. Blake wasn’t in the kitchen so I assumed he went up stairs to his room to get ready. When I finished my pancakes I brushed my teeth and went to my moms car waiting for her to drive me. I found her keys and turned on the car. I turned on the radio and “What Makes You Beautiful” by One Direction came on. I started singing very loudly (and slightly off key) while I sent a group text to Brady and Chloe.

Me: Leaving for school. Mom made me wear jeans. (I rolled my eyes after I sent that)

Chloe is amazinggg: Aw! YOU GO MAMA LOVE.

Brady is extremely sexay: I see you…

I snapped my head up from my phone and saw Brady looking at me in the window with the scariest face ever and Chloe at the other window staring at me. I screamed at the very top of my lungs nearly dropping my phone. They started laughing so hard Chloe started crying. They opened the doors and slid into the seats next to me. Blake and mommy walked out of the house and my mom got into the drivers seat and Blake in the passenger seat. Chloe and I continued jamming while to One Direction while Blake and Brady were on their phones, most likely texting each other. We pulled up to the school and I got a good look at the place, this is going to be a long day.

Author’s Note: Hii. So this is my new book, I deleted Different because it was getting boring. Chapter 2 will introduce some new characters and challenges. Enjoy J