Chapter 8

Chapter 8

The next morning I woke up around 6:00, and realizied I had to get ready before Liam picks me up. I shot out of bed and stepped over/on Brady and ran into the bathroom into the shower. I took a really quick shower than looked at my hair in the mirror. I can’t go with wet hair, and a braid is ok but not what would be ideal. I checked my time. 6:07. I got time to straighten it. I blow dried it and quickly straightened it, good enough, checked my time again. 6:20. Damn you long hair. I looked down at my phone, New Message.

Liam :): Pick you up at 6:45, ok? :)

Me: That’s fine! Thanks Liam!!

Liam :): For you, no problem!

Me: You can come by a little earlier, just to hang if you want!

Liam :): Really? I think I’ll take you up on that.

Me: Awesome! I gotta go finish getting ready. See ya soon!

Liam :): Be there in 5

I ran to my closet what am I supposed to wear? Sweatpants? No. Jeans? Nope. I have nothing to wear. I checked my time, 6:25. I grabbed my phone and pressed 4, Chloe’s speedial. She answered on the 5 ring.

“Hello?” she asked in her sleepy voice.

“CLO!!!”

“WHAT!!” she screamed back now awake.

“I have to go into work early for some interview and I’m supposed to look nice-“

“On my way, be there in 5. Be ready for me.” Then she hung up. I looked around my room and the boys were still asleep. I don’t wear makeup so I didn’t need to worry about that. So I went into the kitchen and grabbed an apple. I was half way through it when the doorbell rang. I put the apple down and went to the door. I opened the door and Liam was standing there in basketball shorts and a t shirt.

“Hey!” he said.

“Hello! Come in, I was just waiting for Chloe.”

“Chloe?”

“My best friend, who’s a girl. She’s bringing me some nice clothes to wear for this since I ya know don’t have any.”

“Well I kinda figured she’s a girl and alright I’ll wait with you.” We walked into the kitchen where my apple was waiting for me. I jumped up and sat on the counter and he sat at the island. “I’ve got football practice after I drop you off at the station so that’s why I offered you a ride.”

“Awesome, does Blake know?”

“He should, and Brady should too.”

“Wait what?” Blake and Brady stumbled into the kitchen.

“I heard my name why are you talking about me, children.” Brady commanded very sleepily. I dropped my apple and pinned him against the wall.

“Why didn’t you tell me you tried out for the football team! I’m your best friend!” I yelled, pulling his hair pack with my fist.

“Jesus, Kat, I just found out! I didn’t even know it was official till late last night. You knew I always wanted to be part of the football team!”

“No, you always liked baseball and basketball! Why didn’t you try out for the baseball team?” I pulled back harder.

“Ow! Kat, baseball has always been your thing! I’m not very good and football is more of my sport, and basketball.” He pushed me back and I stumbled backwards. Liam came around and swooped me up before I fell down.

“You ok?” he stood me up and spun me around.

“Yeah sure whatever. I think I hear Chloe.” I walked out of the kitchen and went to the door. I was right and Chloe was outside. I opened the door and she ran inside clothes in hand and her bag over her shoulder. “Hey, Clo.”

“Uh oh, someone’s pissed. We’ll talk about it later, so far your not dressed and are you even wearing mascara?” she checked my eye lashes. “Of course not, lets go down stair we’ve got 15 minutes to make you look attractive.” She pulled my arm and led me into the basement, but the door to the basement is in the kitchen where all the boys were still standing.

“Wow, Chloe that stung.” I took my arm back and held it over my heart like I was offended. She laughed and told me to come on. We were in the kitchen when she stopped.

“Why is there a group of boys in your kitchen?” she whispered in my ear.

“One is my brother, one is Brady, and the third is my ride.” She wiggled her eyebrows.

“I would use him for more than I ride if I was you.”

“Chloe!”

“I’m just saying! Ride that boy!” she winked at me and we were in a fit of laughing then she pulled me down stairs. She laid all the clothes out on my couch and bed. We picked out a nice black skirt and a peach color shirt that brings out my eyes. She put some mascara on my lashes and threw me some shoes. Heels.

“Nope.” I crossed my arms over my chest. “Not going to happen, Clo.”

“Come on, Kat! They’re just heels, you act like it’s a like a social studies essay that you are allergic too.” She held them up.

“Maybe I’m allergic to breaking my neck!”

“Kat.”

“Chloe.”

“Kat.”

“Chloe.”

“Kat-“

“Oh fine!” I screamed and grabbed the shoes out of her hand. They were black pumps with little black bows on the tips.

“Yay!”

“Fuck you.”

“I love you, Kitty!”

“Don’t you dare!” I challenged.

“Oh I do dare, woman!” she sassed back.

“I’ll call you your nickname your mom gave you when you were little in front of Liam if you call my kitty again!” I put the heels on and stumbled a little. Chloe grabbed my arm and she walked me across the room then let me go and I was fine, I hope.

“You wouldn’t!” she yelled back.

“Try me!”

“I’m good!” she put her hands up in defense. “Kat, its-“

“I got to go!”

“No duh! Go kitty!”

“SHUT UP, CHUBBS.”

“KAT!” I took off the heels and ran up stairs and into the kitchen. I ran behind Liam and peeked behind him when Chloe ran into the kitchen. “Where is she!?”

“Come on, Liam!” I smiled at her. She threw me my bag which contained my phone, wallet, etc. “Thank you, chubbs” I winked at her and walked out the door.

“Kitty?” Liam  looked down at me. Even in heels everybody is taller than me.

“Don’t you dare. I will kick you in the place where the sun don’t shine.” I pointed at him.

“But that means I can’t make our kids!” he smiled at me in the car. I blushed and looked at the window. He turned on the car and pulled out of the driveway. I was still smiling. Wait, I’m Kat Love. I play baseball, not fall in love. I can’t like Liam. Or anyone. Kat, straighten up and be tough, don’t make the same mistake that mom did.

Author’s Note: So here’s Chapter 8! I’m getting better at this. Pleassseee comment I want to hear what everybody thinks. Tell me your thoughts about the story, ideas, hell, you can tell me your favorite color! So what do you think? Bradley or Liam? And what about at the end with Kat and how she wants to not fall in love? Comment and Like! Thank you so much!