Chapter 11

Chapter 11

“What do you mean?” I stood up straight.

“I mean, we should make it a contest.” Carter grinned. “Who ever wins your heart is the guy you like, and all us guys make bets on who it is. I call Liam!”

“No fair, Carter! I’ll take Bradley.” He got more spaghetti.

“I call Brock!” Brady proudly announced.

“I’ll take Shane.” Liam grinned. Shane Gray is the school’s bad boy, every girl loves him too. I hate him and I’m pretty sure he hates me too. He has short black hair that is tousled in a bad boy style with bright green eyes.

“You guys are so weird; I swear you’ll never get it.”

“On Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, and soon to be Youtube the world knows the challenge.” He stood up. “Let’s go make a video!” we all went down to my room and stood all around Carter and his phone he started filming and this is how the video went:

“Hey, so I’m Carter! This is Brady, Blake, Liam, and the lovely Kat. So we have a bit of a challenge.” He explained the story with an evil grin. “We all have our bets on who she likes and I’ll put the pictures up of these lovely gentlemen and their descriptions. I personally think I’ll be the winner. I’ve changed it up a little. The winner gets to any girl he wants with no complaints, and they must pay him with 2 bags of candy a day. Losers have to pay plus they have to run around the whole school in their underwear before 1st period starts.” All the boys mouths dropped as did mine. We all said goodbye and he ended the video.

“Carter! It’s time to go!” my aunt yelled.

“But mom!”

“No buts Carter!”

“I don’t want to leave! 5 more minutes, please?”

“Carter, I have to do some shopping tomorrow and you have football practice.”

“Fine! See ya, guys.” He went upstairs while still arguing with my lovely aunt. Note the sarcasm.

“Yeah, I think I have to go too.” Liam stood up from the couch and stretched his shirt lifting up slightly revealing his 6 pack, I couldn’t help but stare and Blake caught on.

“I should have gotten Liam! Damn you, Carter.” He and Brady went upstairs. I stood there standing across from Liam.

“What is he talking about?”

“I have no idea. So, um-“

“Kat, you’re really pretty.” He took a huge step towards me and we were about 3 feet away from each other. “Any guy would be lucky to have you.” Another step, two feet. “This whole bet thing is pretty stupid if you think about it, but I will win.” Another step, one foot. “At any costs, I will win your heart.” Another step, we were now chest to chest. He placed an arm around my waist and pulled me even closer.

“What are you doing?”

“Kat, do you like me?” Yes. Shut up brain!

“What the hell?!” I placed my hands on his chest.

“Do you?”

“I think its time for you to leave.” I pushed on his chest but thanks to his ripped chest, nothing happened. Holy Christmas nuts this boy is ripped.

“I know, Kat, you like my chiseled body, I don’t blame you.” He winked and my mouth dropped. Did I say that out loud? “Yes.” He responded.

“Damn you, Liam!” he let go of my waist and was chuckling.  “By the way, its not you.” He turned around and something flashed in his eyes. Pain.

“Whatever.” He walked upstairs and I heard the door slam. I fell backwards on my bed and sighed, why does this have to be so far?

**Next Morning**

Here I am waiting

I have to leave soon, why am I holdin’ on

We knew this day would come, we knew it all along.

I turned off the alarm on my phone and moaned. Oh Adam, if only you were here to wake me up instead of my stupid phone and its damn bright light. I rolled out of bed but over estimated how close I was to the edge and fell to the floor with a thump.

“Oww.”

“Idiot.”

“Ahhh!” I screamed. Blake was sitting in my egg shaped chair that hung from the ceiling. “What the hell, Blake?!”

“What, your big brother can’t wake you up in the morning?”

“1) you’re only older by 2 minutes. 2) No, because that’s Adam’s job. 3) Get out, Blake!” I got up from the floor and stood in front of him.

“Adam?”

“Adam Levine, duh! Get out!” I flicked his forehead. He returned it with a scowl but he did leave. I rolled my eyes and walked over to my bathroom. I took a nice, long shower then got out and walked over to my closet. I pulled out my new white jeans and a purple plaid shirt. I went back into my bathroom and blow dried my hair and straightened it nicely. I pulled on my grey converse and grabbed my bag. I jogged upstairs and walked over to the island.

“Good morning, sweetie! Eggs and bacon?” my mom slaved away at the stove. Blake was sitting next to me wearing a shirt that said “Work Hard, Play Hard” dark wash jeans, and his black Michael Jordan’s.

“Sure.” I replied and got my orange juice. Blake nodded for some too.

“Since you two are both right here I have some news for you.”

“Good or bad?” Blake accepted the orange juice I handed him.

“Good, I suppose.” She responded. “Well, I talked to your father last night after Brady left.”

“Oh God.” Blake muttered and my back straightened. This can’t be good.

“Watch it, mister.” She narrowed her eyes at him. “He bought a condo out where he is, and he invited us to go out and visited him!”

I dropped my juice.

Author’s Note: Well hello derrr. So I haven’t updated in awhile (Sorry bout thattt) but I will continue to work on this story. What do you think about Liam’s attitude in this chapter? 114 reads! Thank you sooo much for reading. Comment, Like, and Read!