Chapter 14

Chapter 14

I walked down to my Science class alone, no one was in the hall but me. I left cheerleading a bit late and ran into hallway traffic so I hung out in the bathroom and fixed my hair and such. I decided to skip my afternoon classes.

The list was posted after lunch. Most of the girls I figured made the team. To name a few: Chloe, Ashley, a few cheerleaders who did it past years and others who just started, like A ME. In fact you are looking at the cheer captain!

As I was enjoying this alone time I used it to think to myself as I looked out the window walls of the school.

First issue: Dad.

So many thoughts were raging through my mind about my dad. Does he still love me? Will he keep his promise as a father? He sure didn’t last time. I feel like in a way I should give him a chance, maybe spend an afternoon with him. No. I can’t, I just can’t face him. I watch kids in my school do drugs, and weed and other things and watch their lives get fucked up, that happened to my dad. He was out of my life for 4 hours and now he just comes back in like everything is fine.

Everything is not fine.

Next issue: Baseball vs. Cheerleading.

I guess I could do both, hey it’s like the taco commercial! Why not have both? But, I feel like the guys would treat me different because I would be a cheerleader, and vise versa with the cheerleaders. I’m not giving up on baseball, never. And I guess I have an excuse to go to the games now.

Speaking of the games, do I like Liam?

Wow, I never liked a boy before. I mean, boys were usually my friends, but never have I had a crush. Chloe was always the one with the boyfriends, and crushes and all the guys used to like her before Natalie. I wonder if I could handle a relationship with a guy like Liam, the schools player, and most gorgeous boy. And I’m just me, average.

As I was deep in thought I didn’t notice that the bell had rung and everyone was in the hall. I drifted to my locker and started putting away from my books. I put my bag over my shoulder and walked towards the door. As I was about to leave the school and go to the baseball field, I noticed a large group of kids had gathered in the hall. I walked over, curious burning through me, and pushed through the people and saw two boys standing about 3 feet away from each other, giving glares.

“Faggot.” The bigger one shot at the other boy. Pain flashed in the poor boy’s eyes.

The other boy was about average size, around 6’0 maybe, he had short black hair that came right above his eyes, and blue eyes. He had a bit smaller build and he had black skinny jeans, and a black sweatshirt, with black converse, and a lip ring. I nicknamed his Blue eyes.

The taller boy was wearing a football jersey; he was really tall, maybe 6’4”, short blonde hair spiked in the front and green eyes. He had a big build, broad shoulder. He was also wearing basketball shorts and Nike shoes. I nicknamed his Giant.

“Don’t call me that.” He said, clenching and unclenching his fist.

“But that’s what you are, faggot. You like boys, faggot.” Giant said, taking a step forward. A few boys clapped while others stayed silent.

“So?”

“That’s queer. Boys are supposed to like girls not dudes. What the fuck is wrong with you?” another step.

“Nothing is wrong with me, it’s who I am.” Blue eyes stood his ground.

“Well you’re a fag.” First punch was thrown by Giant. A majority of the students cheered on Giant, telling him where to punch, and clapping. A few other students froze in place and just watched, others whispered, and some walked away.