Chapter 6

Chapter 6

            After Bradley’s little… creepy wink I threw a fastball as hard as I could muster.

            “Jesus ,Kat, my hand has feelings to ya know!” Seals yelled after I threw my fastball. He stood up and shook his hand out.

            “Just get into position, Seals, I’m not in the mood.” I threw a rock hard curveball when he sat back into position.

            “Alright batter up!” Coach Kelly yelled after talking to Seth on first base. Bradley came over to home plate and got into position. “I’ll be the ref since we should keep it fair.” I got into my position as well and smiled to myself, it felt so good to be here.

            “Everyone ready?” I yelled behind my shoulder at the rest of my field, a chorus of yeahs and yes came in return. I started my fastball wind up and threw it straight into Seals glove with a hard smack echoing over the silent field.

            “Strike one!” Coach Kelly yelled. My smile increased game on Bradley. Seal signaled for a curveball next. I wound up and threw it with all I had. Unfortunately, Bradley responded by hitting it with all his strength. The ball sailed over my head and deep into the out field where Ryan Lyle was waiting. It went slightly to his right and he starting sprinting towards the ball lying in the grass. Bradley was already sprinting towards first base and quite fast. Lyle got the ball and threw it to Lorenzo Butler who was also covering third base. Bradley had stopped on second because we stopped him. I turned around and looked to see who was next. Collin Oberry. I struck him out fairly quickly, Bradley tried to steal third but Butler and I stopped him and nearly got him out. I guess my competitiveness took over and the adrenaline kicked in. I struck out the next batter as well and caught the third when we got him out on first. It was our turn to bat.

            I was first, so I threw on my bright pink helmet and took out my pink clothes and purple bat. I know, girly colors but they are the best equipment I have ever used, in fact my bat’s name is Bella. I stood out on the plate and waited for Brock to throw my first ball. He made the mistake of throwing a perfect  fastball right down the middle of the plate. I smacked the ball with all my strength and sent it to the end of the out field. By the time the boys realized what happened I was already at first base and making my way towards second.

            “Get the damn ball someone!” Bradley screamed at third base. I was at second base when Hance Smith was finally getting the ball. I was only a couple feet away from third when Smith was racing towards the in field with the ball. I was at third base by the time Smith threw the ball to Oberry who was at second waiting for him to throw it. Brock was standing at home waiting for me to come to him. I stopped at third, knowing that I didn’t have enough time to go home, a triple was enough!

            *8th inning*

            It was the bottom of the 8th and we were tied 10-10 and everyone wanted to end this game now. I had another triple and two more doubles. Bradley had hit 3 doubles. I was so tired and felt very annoyed. Seals had just stuck out and we are trudging towards the field again. I came up to the mound and looked up at who my next batter was, Myers. Lovely. I threw a very shitty fastball and he swung. Strike one. I threw another shitty curveball. Strike two. He was doing it on purpose! He was purposely trying to get out. Another bad pitch, strike three, Brock’s out. Next, Hance Smith. Same thing happened, he swung horribly and missed the good ones, same thing with the third batter. That ended the game at a tie.

            “Alright guys-,I mean, team. We are done for today, and the rest of the weekend. Anyone have anything else to say?” Coach Kelly asked looking at all of us.

            “Yeah, everyone is invited to my house for pizza and video games!” I screamed all the guys shouted back yays and yes’s. I walked to the girl’s locker room where the volleyball team was. Awesome.

            “Hey girl! How was practice?”  Chloe asked coming up next to my locker with her stuff over her shoulder.

            “Hey! It was alright, I’m super tired. Wanna come over for pizza and video games with the boys?”

            “I wish! I gotta baby sit Hannah.” Hannah is Chloe’s little cousin who she occasionally baby sits.

            “Aw, next time?” I asked her while drinking some of my water.

            “You know it. Hey, I’ll catch you later, ok?” Chloe asked while giving me a quick hug and walking away.

            “See ya, Clo.” I texted Brady and Blake what was going on and they responded with happy responses. I told my mom to order enough pizza to feed an army. I ran out of the locker room where my moms car was waiting for me.

            “The pizza is on  the way to the house. We barely are going to make it home before all the boys get there. Keep them down stairs in your room. Don’t let them ruin the new carpet! I have to run some errands after I drop you off at home then go to work. Here’s some money.” She handed my some money and we sat in silence. I wonder where she’s going. I got out of the car at our house and ran to my room and took the quickest shower ever. Time to get everything out before the boy tornado hits!

Author’s Note: So it took a bit longer to write than I expected so sowwy! And is this chapter kind of short? I don’t know, but it wasn’t very intresting! Sowwyyy again! I’m thinking about starting another book not even close to what this one is about. I got a lot of good ideas! Alright thanks for reading!