Chapter eleven

I jumped at the sudden sound. Draco stood behind me with his wand pointed at my back.

"I told you not to come here again remember?" The boy ran one of his hands through his messy hair as he lowered his wand back to normal again. He clearly had just woken up as he stood there in his grey sweatpants and a simple white t-shirt. Not bad.

"And i told you that i wasnt one of your stupid little house elves that you can control remember?" I stood back up as I watched in the eyes. He was back at acting mean again, time for me to do the same.

We both narrowed our eyes at. Draco always found a way to be in mine. He took a few steps closer to me, his hands now bowed into fists. "You need to learn that you can't control me malfoy!" My tone was harsh as i spoke, he always had to ruin everything. I felt a tear streaming down my cheek, shit. I didn't want him to think I'm weak.

"And you need to learn when to shut the fuck up Parker." I stuffed the picture of my parents into my pocket as I felt me being pulled out of the office again. "You always find a way to ruin things. How do you do that?." I asked as I felt his nails already leaving bruises in my arm. What's his problem. I saw an opportunity and quickly pulled myself out of his grip which caused Draco to give me a mean snarl.

"I said shut the fuck up."

I took a few steps back, now standing in the long and dark hallway. "I told you what would happen if I saw you sneaking around in there again!" The boy stood with anger in his eyes. I thought back into the moment where Malfoy had found her in his fathers office for the first time. This was worse.

"Don't ever try to sneak around again Parker, or I will tell my father the real story about what you found in his office."

"You wouldn't. You aren't as cruel as your father. I know that, I saw it myself." Now it was time for me to take a few steps closer to Draco. That boy needed to learn that i'm done with all his little threats and insults. Done.

"You sure Parker, when did you see it then?" Draco's eyes were still narrowed at mine.

"Yesterday."

I looked at Draco as he was now laughing unnecessarily hard. "Yesterday huh? I'm sorry little hufflepuff but my life isn't all about sunshine and rainbows. Yesterday meant nothing to me." I couldn't believe my eyes. It was like he had forgotten all about his good behaviour of the day before. I knew he wasn't different. I only wanted him to be.

I tried to say something but before i could even think about a comeback Draco had already taken his grip back on now both of my hands. It scared me. It really did.

"I already took care of it."

I remembered the faint conversation i had heard earlier between Mr and Mrs Mafloy. Now I understand what Mr Mafloy meant with taking care of it. He did something to his son.

"What did your father say to you." The boy's eyes widened as the words left my mouth. "Nothing." I saw his angry look turning into something more sad, it hurt him.

"I may not know many about you Malfoy but i'm sure that you're nothing like him." My voice began to be sore from the shouting and yelling as Draco stood right before me. I felt the grip on my hands slowly loosening as he was now not longer holding them anymore. I found his weak spot.

"What did he say to you last night, what did he do to you?" My words were now not more than a soft whisper to him as Draco stood lifeless on the floor staring right into my eyes. It almost seemed as he asked me for help. The sparkle he held in his eyes only yesterday now long forgotten.

It was only a few hours ago when Draco had found me sneaking around again. I couldn't help myself. I had done nothing else but looking at the picture of me together with my parents. If only they where here. I had so many things to tell them, school stuff , story's about my friends, everything they didn't know about me. I missed them, i missed everything.

I couldn't help but feeling a little guilty about what happened between Draco and me. He may be acting like a completely different person as he did yesterday but it wasn't my right to talk about his relationship with his father, or at least not in this way. I wanted to apologize and knew that it was best to do so. I did.

I wiped away the few tears that had escaped out of my eyes as i walked into one of the dark hallways searching for Draco. He wasn't in his room, the dining room or the garden. He was gone.

After a long time of searching through almost all the hallways and rooms in the manor I still couldn't find him. There was still one hallway i didn't check, It was on the same floor as the bedroom of Mr and Mrs Mafloy. I had never been there before as that was what she was told. I was not allowed. I thought about The risk of getting caught by Malfoy, it was one i loved to make right now, maybe he would talk as he saw me doing something I'm not allowed to do?

As i walked down the long hallway it almost felt like it was becoming colder by every step i took, the little strains of sunlight which tried to come in where being blocked by the pitch-black curtains hanging loosely in front of some big windows. Scary.

The faint light of the chandler holders and the big paintings on the walls reminded me at school. I walked closer and closer to the end of the hallway, still no sign of Draco. My eyes fell on a certain painting which stood out from the rest. The Malfoy family portrait. Draco stood in between his parents who both held a stern look on their faces. No one smiled.

Beneath the portrait stood a little side table against the wall. I grabbed a picture of the table where the boy was smiling happily at the camera, his platinum blonde hair hanging messy in front of his eyes. Cute.

"You aren't a good listener are you." I turned around at the sound of Malfoy's voice.

"You scared the shit out of me." The boy smiled at my comment as he looked at the picture i held in my hands.

"look i wanted to say that i am- that i was.." I saw Draco struggling with his words but knew exactly what he wanted to say. The same as I did.

"no, you don't have to be Draco. It was my fault. I should've left your relationship between you and your father out of this, i am sorry for that."

"What did you just say?"

I gave him a confused look, Was he deaf. "I said that i was sorry?" Draco held a proud smile on his face. "no,not that my name."

"Draco?"

He nodded. "It sounds so weird coming out of your mouth but- but i like it, i guess."

"Yeah, i had the same when you called me by my first name for the first time too." We both smiled at each other. If only he could act like this all the time.

"Do you maybe wanna go and fly a little? Like we did yesterday?"

"Yes, I would love to draco."