Chapter nine

"Draco? Are you alright dear?" It was Mrs Malfoy's voice which broke the eye contact between me and the boy As she had probably woken up from our talking.

"What now?" I whispered to the boy who stood there, his eyes widened at the door. What the hell wouldn't Mrs Malfoy think of me if she finds out that I was sneaking around at midnight in her son's room? Mr Malfoy already disliked me, I didn't want Mrs Malfoy to be also added to that list! I panicked and so did the blonde boy who stood there, not knowing what to do or where to go. Shit.

"Hide! just-just go under there!" The boys fingers pointed hastily at his bed as i already heard the unlocking of his door. I quickly slided myself under his bed, luckily I was short enough to pull up my legs as there was no way that Mrs Malfoy would see me under there. I saw the boy taking a seat at his desk as it looked like he had been there all night.

"Draco? i thought i heard you talking to someone are you alright?" His mother stood in the door frame as she looked at her son. "yeah, I'm okay! I was talking to uhm-talking to Theodore! I couldn't sleep.. i'm sorry that i woke you mother." He lied again.

"it's alright dear, you didn't wake me but you should go back to sleep now." Malfoy nodded as he saw his mother turning around to leave again. Why was Mrs Malfoy awake at 2am? I tried to follow the faint conversation between the boy and his mother as they continued talking in the hallway.

"Oh and Draco before I forget to ask you, will you please keep an eye on Miss Parker please."

"Why do i have to keep an eye on her mother? i thought you didn't want me to be too involved with it?"

"Polly told me that Olivia was missing out of her room tonight. I want you to make sure that she doesn't ruin everything before it is time. Can I count on you son?"

"yes mother."

"What was all that about?" I spoke as I came from under the bed. "Nothing Parker, it's none of your business! now get up and leave, i don't think you want my mother to see you do you?" The boy spat his words out. I didn't hesitate for a second and stepped out of his room, closed the door and walked back to my own room. I knew better than starting the arguing with him again, he was back to being his mean and normal self. Like he always was.

Dracos POV :
The night had passed slowly, I was too busy with my mothers words in my head. Why couldn't she take care of that Parker girl herself? She knew that the girl and I couldn't get along with each other.. but i guess that she was too busy with doing other things instead of actually caring. She always is.

I wonder if Olivia had any clue about what our family was going to do with her at the end of this summer, probably not as she was not asking many questions. I thought about last night when my anger took over me and I pushed her to the wall again..
It reminded me of the first time I did it, it was in school when she and her little friend tried to stop me from bullying a first year, but this time i didn't want to hurt her, i just couldn't control myself anymore. What is wrong with me.

My eyes widened as I saw her scared face, she was scared of me, just like everyone else. My plan was not to hurt her, of course it wasn't! It never was.

But when i saw her scared face something inside of me broke, it felt like a piece of me didn't want her to be scared and the other piece did. My head was full of emotions I had never felt before and I never wanted to feel again. She changed me.

I was sitting at my desk, trying to concentrate on the book I was reading but I couldn't.. I snapped out of my thoughts as I heard faint footsteps walking on the stairs, it was her. Parker was walking down the stairs. She was probably gonna grab some lunch as it was almost twelve pm already. Maybe it was the best to go and do something outside as the weather was still beautifully sunny. I needed distraction.

(i'm so sorry for this small draco pov but you guys needed to know his side of the story lol)

Olivias POV :

I was walking through one of the long hallways as i decided to grab some lunch, practically it was going to be her breakfast as she hadn't eaten anything today. Woke up late.

The print of Malfoy's hand turned into something that looked like a bruise on both of my arms. I hated that boy.

I  headed downstairs as I asked one of the houselves to make me a sandwich. My plans for today were just as usually nothing. It was beginning to be quite boring to do the same all day, i couldn't wait to return to hogwarts again as i wouldn't have to talk to Malfoy anymore and i could just get back and pretend that i didn't know him. It isn't mean, it was just the best thing to do. Me and him can't get along with each other and that is what it is and how it always will be. I guess.

"Stole my thinking place I see?" I looked up as i saw Malfoy's standing before me. He had his broom in one of his hands as the other pointed to the little bench i was sitting on. "Your thinking place huh?" I gave a small chuckle at his comment. Who did he thought he was, the owner of this bench?

"What are you doing?" I pointed at the broom in his hand. "hmm what should i do with a broom? Maybe flying?" The boy wore a smile on his face, something I hadn't seen many times before. "oh i thought maybe you were finally going to do something useful but seems that i'm wrong.." I gave him a smile back as he flew high up into the air. Good.

I watched him as he did some tricks and just flew around a bit. I had never ridden on a broom, quidditch wasn't really my thing although i loved to watch it. It reminded me of Cedric, he was one of the biggest quidditch fans i knew and because of that they visited the national quidditch world cup almost every year. I miss that.

"Do you wanna try?" Malfoy was now flying a bit lower in the air, his hair messy and on his forehead a few drops of sweat. "I got my old broom for you if you want to?" I nodded  "uh yes sure!" Why not.

With that the boy flew away and grabbed his old broom for me.

"Okay so the last and most important thing that you have to know is, do never let go of your broom, understand?" Malfoy explained all the basics of riding a broom as i was ready for it. I think that I am. I pushed myself off of the ground as I was now flying a few feet up in the air. "Wow"

"amazing right?" Malfoy flew next to me in the air, in his eyes something that looked like a sparkle, he looked happy. It looked better on him, i liked this better on him.

A few hours had passed by so quickly, we had spent them talking about school, friends and our plans for the next year. We've also tried to do some flying but it wasn't My strongest point. I was much better off on the ground which Malfoy only seemed to laugh about. He was different now, i never expected him to be an actual softie on the inside. It was fun. I knew that tomorrow he would probably be back to being mean again so that only gave me more reasons to enjoy it as much as i could today.